Question HI, I have amd athlon 64 x2 cpu and I want to know what is the best gpu that could run gta v without a problem

Mar 30, 2023
my pc model is: HP Compaq DC5750 small form factor

I checked and found that my motherboard supports :
PCI Express x16 ( low profile)
PCI Express x1 ( low profile)
PCI ( low profile)

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Titan
but I saw someone did it and the game was runing about 20 fps

Link? We can't see things you saw by the simple fact that you saw something. What were the settings used? What was the exact equipment used across the board?

And I'm not sure 20 FPS is something you want to strive for.

The fundamental problem here is that you have what is likely a 15-year-old office PC in a small form factor. Pretty much any worthwhile upgrade will involve replacing the entire PC, because you don't even have the basic framework upon which to make changes. You'll also need to provide exact details of what your hardware is. All you've told is that you have an office PC with a CPU that was made across a four-year period from 2005 to 2009.

You're far better off simply buying a used PS4 if you don't already have one. It'll be a far better experience than anything you'll be able to do with this office PC.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2023
Link? We can't see things you saw by the simple fact that you saw something. What were the settings used? What was the exact equipment used across the board?

And I'm not sure 20 FPS is something you want to strive for.

The fundamental problem here is that you have what is likely a 15-year-old office PC in a small form factor. Pretty much any worthwhile upgrade will involve replacing the entire PC, because you don't even have the basic framework upon which to make changes. You'll also need to provide exact details of what your hardware is. All you've told is that you have an office PC with a CPU that was made across a four-year period from 2005 to 2009.

You're far better off simply buying a used PS4 if you don't already have one. It'll be a far better experience than anything you'll be able to do with this office PC.
Actually i do have a ps4, but I like keeping my old stuff, and this pc is my first one, Iam doing this for expermint to see if it possible, the link of gameplay:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-C9RMfCS48

Mar 30, 2023
Then upgrading your gpu will do nothing for your FPS as it(like your current gpu) will be limited by the cpu.
This is not my pc specs, This is the specs i saw in the video of the person who played he game on this cpu, I dont even have a gpu, So what Im asking is: what is the best gpu that could run with my cpu and make gta run ?

bignastyid

Titan
This is not my pc specs, This is the specs i saw in the video of the person who played he game on this cpu, I dont even have a gpu, So what Im asking is: what is the best gpu that could run with my cpu and make gta run ?
My bad. The sff case and old OEM bios is going to severely limit selection and half height gt730 is about all i can think of.

The game will run, but will likely be unplayable due to stutters and lag.

Mar 30, 2023
My bad. The sff case and old OEM bios is going to severely limit selection and half height gt730 is about all i can think of.

The game will run, but will likely be unplayable due to stutters and lag.
the case is not a problem i can move the parts to another big case since the mb is ATX, But the slot of the gpu is
PCI Express x16 ( low profile)
PCI Express x1 ( low profile)
PCI ( low profile)

DSzymborski

Titan

He only got a very bad gaming experience with a far better GPU than is an option for you. To effectively use even an HD 7850, you'd need a new CPU, RAM, motherboard, case, and almost certainly since it's a basic office PC, a new PSU. In other words, a new computer, just to run a midrange GPU from 10 years ago.

I'm sorry, but your goal is not very realistic. It may not be what you want to hear, but this is an ancient office PC and not a good candidate to even turn into a gaming PC from 15 years ago, and lying to you and telling you it's a good idea would only hurt you.

Reactions: BLACK OCEAN