[SOLVED] Hi need help to choose an ups for my gaming pc

Verdetto

Commendable
May 22, 2017
So i got a 1500W psu , 2 titan x in SLI, An icore i7-6950x , 32 gb of Ram (i don't think that matters but also 1 Sd unit 128gb and 2 hard drive units 2TB each so... i Am having some issues in my House with the electricity going off at least once everyweek expecially if my brother leaves his PC running so i Am here to ask for a good UPS to avoid my PC getting damaged... because well it's a 6k euros pc don't wanna see It die (oh and i need something with EU shipment) i was looking for a good one It has 3000va and 2800w that should be' food for my PC? But It's 599 euros so i don't wanna waste my moneys in something that may not work for my PC can Someone help me find the right UPS? I never bought An UPS in my Life so i really don't know what to do help me please before my PC Rip in pepperoni..

Solution
well first of all, assuming your home's electricity is set up properly and up to code, then it might just be that you need to connect the PC to a socket that is on a different breaker than the one your brother's PC is on, that way you aren't asking so much of that single breaker.

however, to answer your question, you'll need a super beefy UPS if you want to actually be able to run that PC for any extent of time.

However, if all you're looking for is a UPS that will just simply last long enough to get the breaker flipped back, and so as to not have any damage caused to your PC during the power break, then you won't need too beefy of a UPS honestly.

In terms of wattage, I checked your specs, and at stock your system shouldn't be...

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
well first of all, assuming your home's electricity is set up properly and up to code, then it might just be that you need to connect the PC to a socket that is on a different breaker than the one your brother's PC is on, that way you aren't asking so much of that single breaker.

however, to answer your question, you'll need a super beefy UPS if you want to actually be able to run that PC for any extent of time.

However, if all you're looking for is a UPS that will just simply last long enough to get the breaker flipped back, and so as to not have any damage caused to your PC during the power break, then you won't need too beefy of a UPS honestly.

In terms of wattage, I checked your specs, and at stock your system shouldn't be pulling more than 900w.
So with some overclocking in mind here, I don't see you pulling more than 1200w.

But honestly, I can't help too much since I don't know what country you're in.
And when it comes to European countries, the only site I know to check on is Amazon DE, but using that site is yielding no good results.

I found this one with 1200w and 2000va
https://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B00T9RT0HO/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Alternatively, price goes up quite a bit, but less than the $600 you were looking at for 2700w and 3000va
https://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B0746NXVJL/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

And FSP isn't all that bad of a company.
While their generic PSU's that you find in pre built machines are kind of garbage, when it comes to some of their other stuff that's on the higher end, they are fairly reliable.

Reactions: Verdetto
Solution

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
and looking at the charts on their website, it looks like the 2k will get you about 5-10 minutes when having to deliver about 1200w and the 3k will get you about 15 minutes.
So worst case scenario your system is under full load when the breaker flips, you'll have more than enough time to hibernate the PC and get the breaker back online then resume from hibernation and continue using your PC.

Reactions: Verdetto

Verdetto

Commendable
May 22, 2017
and looking at the charts on their website, it looks like the 2k will get you about 5-10 minutes when having to deliver about 1200w and the 3k will get you about 15 minutes.
So worst case scenario your system is under full load when the breaker flips, you'll have more than enough time to hibernate the PC and get the breaker back online then resume from hibernation and continue using your PC.
Thank you a lot i Guess i'll buy the 2700 watt one in 15 mins i should be' able to shut It down without damaging my hardware (i don't care much about the datas i don't have any important data or document inside my PC)