[SOLVED] Hi, will my power supply run my new graphic card?

Apr 29, 2020
My power supply: CHIEFTEC CTG-750C
New graphic card: MSI Radeon RX 5700 EVOKE OC 8GB GDDR6
Motherboard: Asus H110M-K

Solution
675watts available on 12v rails...it SHOULD be able to hold a 5700 quite comfortably.

But the question shouldn't be can it power your new GPU, but 'can you feel safe using a low-cost PSU of uncertain build quality'. It doesn't appear to me be tagged with any 80+ certifications...that "85+" badge I do see looks a bit sketch to me. I have to think most of the PSU guru's won't like it and will recommend getting something better.

Also, if more than 3 or 4 years old components inside have probably shifted values enough that it's not even performing up to the spec's it originally met.
675watts available on 12v rails...it SHOULD be able to hold a 5700 quite comfortably.

But the question shouldn't be can it power your new GPU, but 'can you feel safe using a low-cost PSU of uncertain build quality'. It doesn't appear to me be tagged with any 80+ certifications...that "85+" badge I do see looks a bit sketch to me. I have to think most of the PSU guru's won't like it and will recommend getting something better.

Also, if more than 3 or 4 years old components inside have probably shifted values enough that it's not even performing up to the spec's it originally met.

Last edited:
Solution