HIbernation Windows 10

prince_xaine

Commendable
Feb 3, 2018
This might be a strange question, but here goes.

With Hibernation disabled, turning on the computer from a shut down state takes around 22 seconds including BIOS.

With Hibernation enabled, turning on the computer from a shut down state takes around 12 seconds including BIOS.

The question is, HOW is hibernation speeding up the boot process if I am NOT hibernating the computer? Does this mean it is always using the disk space to give a 10 second boot increase?

System Storage: 12.1 GB
Hibernation File: 12.7 GB

Darkbreeze

Titan
When hibernation is enabled, the computer is NOT actually shutting down like you think it is. It is simply shutting down all non-essential power and loading as you say essentials from non-volatile storage.

Hibernation and fast startup have generally always caused more problems than they've solved, and sorry Microshaft, but when I shut down my computer, I want it to actually BE shut down and not use any resources for saving me a whole ten seconds of my life, if that, when it actually works.

I disable hibernation/fast startup and hybrid sleep on every system I configure or build after installing the OS.

If hibernation is enabled, it IS using it, whether you manually choose to do so or not.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS