[SOLVED] Hidden files are not recovering after formatting

Feb 1, 2020
I transferred all my files internal HDD to an external hard drive (my passport 2 TB ) and one of the folders was hidden(and it is not viewable during transfer...means while copying the data....hidden folder is not copied to external hard disk.) I then formatted the Internal HDD , and delete the volume also....i delete and formatted the HDD to some troubleshooting. Later I put all my files to external to internal HDD, then I realized that the hidden folder is not copied to external HDD ..due to fresh installation I could not recover that hidden folder. all other files appear BUT that hidden folder is not seen. Please help it had important photos I appreciate any help given. Thank you.
I already tried 1) Remo recover 2)EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard

Solution
You:
Formatted it
Deleted the volume
Installed a fresh OS

And the typical consumer level applications can't find anything?

Sounds like you are out of luck.

Maybe try Autopsy, but I wouldn't hold out much hope.

Full drive backups are the way to prevent this in the future.
If you do the whole drive, you can't 'forget' certain parts of it.

USAFRet

Titan
You:
Formatted it
Deleted the volume
Installed a fresh OS

And the typical consumer level applications can't find anything?

Sounds like you are out of luck.

Maybe try Autopsy, but I wouldn't hold out much hope.

Full drive backups are the way to prevent this in the future.
If you do the whole drive, you can't 'forget' certain parts of it.

Solution
I went to the bitwar.net home page and examined the "data recovery software reviews". A user named "Alen" praised Android Data Recovery software for its ease of use, so I thought I would see if I could find out a little bit more about him.

It turns out that exactly the same image of "Alen" appears at …

vesgift.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/who-buy-Bluetooth-headset.jpg

It seems that "Alen" likes Bluetooth headsets, too. :)

"Tank", who lost an important presentation document, is pictured on various web sites. Here is one of them:

www.nation.co.ke/image/view/-/3788696/highRes/1546216/-/maxw/600/-/1prqfxz/-/MEET.jpg

Jacky's a teacher:

y2.ifengimg.com/f04c9b92453d105f/2012/0605/xes_56eb5b23c0cb8516140be7a185a12704.jpg

Here's Dave. It looks like he's a student:

https://ss1.bdstatic.com/70cFvXSh_Q1YnxGkpoWK1HF6hhy/it/u=1917087493,897404068&fm=27&gp=0.jpg

Dave's pic is watermarked with "www.taopic.com" which is a site that provides graphics for a wide range of categories.

web.archive.org/web/20200320130456/https://www.taopic.com/

Last edited: