Hidden folder after copying.

z1c3r

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
Hello.

I've pretty strange situation.

Recently, I've bought a new PC with 2 disk drives: 1 SSD with OS on it and 1 HDD. Also I have a notebook with 1 HDD (obviously, OS is installed on it), that i've been using before PC. Today, I decided to copy all necessary files from notebook by replacing PC's SSD with notebook's HDD (with OS on it), copying files and folders to that HDD, that PC has. So, i drag'n'dropped files I needed to PC's HDD into separate folder, copied successfully. After that I took off notebook's HDD out of PC, placed back my SSD, turned on computer, tried to access that separate folder, but I couldn't find it. Turning on 'show hidden files and folders' didn't help me.

So, what would be reason of this?

Hope, I described the situation clearly.

Thanks.

USAFRet

Titan
copy all necessary files

Were these files/folders part of the 'Documents'/'Music'/etc libraries?
If so...those folders are designated for the original user on the laptop. NTFS permissions. A different user (now on the desktop) cannot see them.

To fix?
Put the laptop back together.
Create folders outside the user space. Somewhere other than "C/Users/z1c3r"
Copy the needed files to those new folders

Now you should be able to copy them to wherever, and access as needed.

z1c3r

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014

Hmm...actually, I just now noticed, that my solution did not actually fix everything - some folders and files are still invisible.

Well, all folders were outside of Documents, they are on separate partition and as I can see now, none of these invisible folders are parts of any libraries on my laptop...

Any idea more idea? Or any additional info needed?