[SOLVED] High cpu and gpu temperatures? ROG zephyrus g15

May 5, 2020
Hey, I don't know the most about computers. I noticed my idle temps were sitting around ~60 degrees Celsius recently and after googling a bit I'm getting conflicting ideas sugguesting that my temps aren't normal. I got this computer yesterday and when I play games I get great performance, however my cpu temps fluctuate between 85-96 degrees celcius which i dont think is normal. Then my gpu is around mid 80s as well. . I wouldn't have notice any issues if I didn't open the ROG Gaming Center and check the temperature, or just hear the fans. I'm less concerned about the games running well and more concerned about not damaging my laptop - what should I do to like lower the temperature if there is anything i can do? Help greatly appreciated thanks!

Last edited:
Solution

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Gaming laptops are going to run hotter than desktops. Space restrictions, yo. Cpu temps into the 90C range is 'normal', as well as those 80C-ish gpu temps.
Those same temps would be considered excessive in a desktop - the cpu temps more-so than the gpu ones.

Are you using a cooling pad? They're pretty much mandatory for gaming laptops.
Perhaps cut down on the background apps while playing games?

May 5, 2020
Okay, im not currently using a cooling pad. Do you have any recommendations? Also i dont know if this helps with anything but when im playing sekiro for instance, my temps are high in the 80s even though my cpu usage is low, around 15-30% and my gpu is high 70-80%. Thank you for your input.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Solution