[SOLVED] High CPU temp only on first startup

Apr 14, 2020
Hi all first time doing this, so ive had this problem for a while where my CPU temprature is high for the first time I run my computer during the day, as soon as I restart all temps are back to normal and stay normal for the rest of the day. Then the next day I have the same problem until i restart and all is good again.

While idle my package temp was 56 degrees with nothing ruuning, as soon as i open a game this rockets and the game performes badly.

After a restart temps are 25 degrees and all games run well.

Hope anyone can help

Solution
At idle, you should see cpu temperatures around 10-15c. over ambient. 56c is too high.
Is your pump connected to a pump header that is running 100% all the time.
That is what you want.
At idle feel the pump, you should feel it vibrating.
Is you radiator fan spinning at idle?

You bios may have a section on fan control.
It may be set to do nothing with low startup temperatures.
As the cpu heats up, the fan curve may not be responsive enough to increase the speeds of the radiator fan or, more likely the pump if it is not set to 100%

When you restart, the residual heat would be enough to get you to normal operation.

Bassplate

Reputable
Hi there...
First of all what Windows do you have installed?
Second of all see what programs is listen on the startup page.This means every time your windows boots up it automatically starts a program and that could be that the computer is running slow and that the temperatures are high.
See if you can update your Bios as well...because bios can lose its data while the system its turned of for a period time.....that's why every time you restarts i haven't lose that data( I can be wrong)
Check if drivers are updated and that windows are updated as well and has the newer version of windows installed.

Apr 14, 2020
Hi there...
First of all what Windows do you have installed?
Second of all see what programs is listen on the startup page.This means every time your windows boots up it automatically starts a program and that could be that the computer is running slow and that the temperatures are high.
See if you can update your Bios as well...because bios can lose its data while the system its turned of for a period time.....that's why every time you restarts i haven't lose that data( I can be wrong)
Check if drivers are updated and that windows are updated as well and has the newer version of windows installed.

I have windows 10 version 1909
I will look into the bios now and on startup i dont seem to have any programs that should cause a problem so i hope if i update my bios that may be the fix, how do i go about updating this?

At idle, you should see cpu temperatures around 10-15c. over ambient. 56c is too high.
That is what you want.

As the cpu heats up, the fan curve may not be responsive enough to increase the speeds of the radiator fan or, more likely the pump if it is not set to 100%

When you restart, the residual heat would be enough to get you to normal operation.

Reactions: Isaacuno
Solution
Apr 14, 2020
That is what you want.

Hi

Thank you that sound good i will look into the bios now and see if there are any setting for fan speed

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Sounds like you have a bad setting/corruption in windows. Shutdown and restart are entirely different things.

Shutdown, windows saves all its info, bios settings and other driver related stuff onto the storage drive and cmos chip is populated before shutting down. So at startup, bios uses cmos list and boots fast as bios skips researching and reloading everything, since it loads everything directly from storage as is. Called fastboot.

Restart, is the opposite. Nothing is saved, bios starts from scratch, has to go find every component, load every driver fresh. If so everything goes according to bios settings until windows takes over.

So when you startup the pc, it's done according to what you saved at shutdown, and there's an error in there, with restart the error is wiped out temporarily, everything is fresh, only afterwards gets corrupted when you shutdown.

I'd start with bios, turn off fastboot, see if that helps, but I'd say there's a corrupted driver or registry file (possible malware/virus) that's getting saved at shutdown.

Reactions: henterpriser
Apr 14, 2020
Sounds like you have a bad setting/corruption in windows. Shutdown and restart are entirely different things.

Shutdown, windows saves all its info, bios settings and other driver related stuff onto the storage drive and cmos chip is populated before shutting down. So at startup, bios uses cmos list and boots fast as bios skips researching and reloading everything, since it loads everything directly from storage as is. Called fastboot.

Restart, is the opposite. Nothing is saved, bios starts from scratch, has to go find every component, load every driver fresh. If so everything goes according to bios settings until windows takes over.

So when you startup the pc, it's done according to what you saved at shutdown, and there's an error in there, with restart the error is wiped out temporarily, everything is fresh, only afterwards gets corrupted when you shutdown.

I'd start with bios, turn off fastboot, see if that helps, but I'd say there's a corrupted driver or registry file (possible malware/virus) that's getting saved at shutdown.

Hi that’s great I will see now if I can find the fast boot setting and I’ll see if that helps, otherwise what would be the next plan of action?