High CPU temps after re-applying thermal paste

Freezy1911

Reputable
Sep 2, 2015
Hello eveyone!
I have a quite worrying problem. I have an old PC with an AMD Sempron 2800+ 1.6 Ghz CPU. Last week I decided to clean it because it was dusty and decided to apply new thermal paste. Before applying this new compund ( Spire Bluefrost), my CPU temps ranged from 34-36 in idle and 40-41 degrees celsius in full load. After the new paste was applied (I applied a tiny quantity the size of a grain in the middle of the CPU), my CPU temps began to increase significantly reaching the maximum of 49 degrees celsius. After a week, I thought the paste finally managed to set properly, but instead the temps remained like this ranging from 41-45 in idle and 45-49 degrees celsius in full load. My question is: Should I apply the thermal paste again or the temps are ok and should not damage my CPU ?

Solution
The temps are fine.. If they were above 65C then you should be worrying. Just an advice for future, don't use the grain method, rather spread a thin layer of paste all over the CPU surface :)

Proofy

Admirable
The temps are fine.. If they were above 65C then you should be worrying. Just an advice for future, don't use the grain method, rather spread a thin layer of paste all over the CPU surface :)

Solution