High CPU Temps, caused by mono short circuit?

Aug 19, 2018
I recently switched computer cases and when I was trying to hook up an LED (cord chewed by rat), I mistakenly spliced the cord to hook up to the power LED pins without realizing it was actually already powered by the fan and the cord I spliced just went to the LED switch. Both cords were black, so on the advice of someone who told me worst case the LED wouldn't turn on (because I assessed the wiring incorrectly in my explanation of the situation), I tested for which was positive by guessing and checking, which resulted in my mobo sparking and lightly smoking (with burning smell) for one brief instance before shutting itself off. Now that I realized what happened, I have corrected everything, and everything seems to work fine now, except when I run the computer, HWMonitor tells me it is running at 100 C before lowering to 65 C and then fluctuating. The BIOS tells me it is at -0.5 C and that all the fan speeds are 65667 or something. The new case also has special Molex connectors to run the fans from knobs, but the Corsair H105i I have is hooked up directly to the CPU fan pins. What is happening? Did I damage my mobo? Or possibly mt H105i pump? The fans work on it but I haven't heard any liquid sloshing noises like I sometimes hear usually. I reapplied thermal paste but it still won't go below 60 C and again, the BIOS doesn't read it at all.

Solution
After sparky fun, you should be happy your mobo works at all. Any deviating behaviour is most likely a direct result of this.