Gigabyte PSU 750W PFC Gold 80+ Modular

Addlink SSD 256GB S70 M.2 2280 NVMe

Seagate HDD 1.0TB 64MB SATA3 Barracuda

PowerColor RX 5700XT 8G GDDR6 AXRX 5700XT 8GBD6-3DHE/OC

ViewSonic 24" IPS Gaming Monitor 144Hz HDMI DP Speakers

Iv'e already done and checked those options:

-Changed the CPU fan speed in the UEFI to full speed

-Updated drivers

-I tried unsuccessfully to remove the coolermaster fan to see if a thermal paste is applied so i just could just barely see it but i think there is

Solution
There's only 2 programs recommended as accurate for Ryzen, but they are accurate in different ways. Ryzen master uses an averaging process, it's AMD's recommended way of reading Ryzen temps, and HWInfo64 (sensors only) which is considerably more indepth.

Yes, I'm sure of what I'm saying lol. But you are thinking in straight lines, doesn't work that way. If you take 60°C as a single core with all the processes and services on it, then move the mouse, in less than 1/256th of a second, the other cores activate and the load is then spread out again. When gaming or any other heavy load, your temps don't start from 60°C and go up, they start at closer to under 40°C (depending on the cooling) and go up, same as Intels. Using All the cores.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Notice the temp is only read from core#0

It's a Ryzen, not an intel. At idle Intel lowers voltages and clocks on all cores, but all cores remain active. So all the processes and services are split up amongst all the cores. Ryzen doesn't do that. Instead, at idle it lowers clocks and voltages on all cores, but only one core remains active, the rest are inactive. So the entire load of services and processes going on in the background is concentrated on 1 core.

Basically, with Intel (which is where you are assuming the temps should be from) each core is seeing @ 1% or less load. With Ryzen it gets the full 4-6% load on one core, and every time a process or service starts up, it'll spike the temps.

60's is not uncommon, it's quite normal. There's nothing that I can see at a quick glance, to say anything is wrong. Looks like normal Ryzen behavior.

Reactions: kurdtnz and Nemesia

bgo272

Honorable
Feb 19, 2018
Notice the temp is only read from core#0

It's a Ryzen, not an intel. At idle Intel lowers voltages and clocks on all cores, but all cores remain active. So all the processes and services are split up amongst all the cores. Ryzen doesn't do that. Instead, at idle it lowers clocks and voltages on all cores, but only one core remains active, the rest are inactive. So the entire load of services and processes going on in the background is concentrated on 1 core.

Basically, with Intel (which is where you are assuming the temps should be from) each core is seeing @ 1% or less load. With Ryzen it gets the full 4-6% load on one core, and every time a process or service starts up, it'll spike the temps.

60's is not uncommon, it's quite normal. There's nothing that I can see at a quick glance, to say anything is wrong. Looks like normal Ryzen behavior.

are you sure its a normal behavior? I mean, i know whats your saying but would it affect later on when more stress will be applied on the cpu?

try monitoring temps with a few other resources.

try speccy and cpuid. you might be suprised what you find

Yea i tried with speccy and core temp, got the same result

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
There's only 2 programs recommended as accurate for Ryzen, but they are accurate in different ways. Ryzen master uses an averaging process, it's AMD's recommended way of reading Ryzen temps, and HWInfo64 (sensors only) which is considerably more indepth.

Yes, I'm sure of what I'm saying lol. But you are thinking in straight lines, doesn't work that way. If you take 60°C as a single core with all the processes and services on it, then move the mouse, in less than 1/256th of a second, the other cores activate and the load is then spread out again. When gaming or any other heavy load, your temps don't start from 60°C and go up, they start at closer to under 40°C (depending on the cooling) and go up, same as Intels. Using All the cores.

Solution

bgo272

Honorable
Feb 19, 2018

So,for now, I shouldn't worry about it unless I can see it harms the system?

Liudom

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2012
Its normal like what Karadjgne had said.
If its a first time use, then I'm assuming you've kept away from the bios.

Some guides on the net points to offsetting the volts, disabling core performance boost..etc
If you haven't touched the bios before, better go read up on it and the guides before attempting. (Can be harmful if done wrong)

FastbackNL

Reputable
May 27, 2019
Hello bgo272,

I think your problem is solved by these great people. But if you think your cooler is doing bad;

I personally use the fortis 3 rgb, I love it. It is cheap and very good. Even better than some of the double priced options out there. There is also a non rgb version.

It comes with good thermal paste and keeps my Ryzen 5 3600 under 60 degrees even under full load, it also is very silent then. I would highly recommend it.

Here is a link for it: https://www.silentiumpc.com/en/product/fortis-3-rgb-he1425/

And i checked and the cooler works with your cpu(Socket AM4) ;)

For more questions ask me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.