Question High CPU Usage and Monitor Not Turning On

josefdoc

Prominent
Nov 18, 2022
Hi all,

I hope you guys can help me here. I have a Windows 10 PC, Intel Core i5, GTX 960, 8GB RAM, and 1TB SSD, and it seems to have extremely high CPU usage when booting. Furthermore, when I turn the PC on, the monitor says there is no signal, even though I've checked all cables, and everything is secure. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this before, and have a solution?

Thank you,

Josef

That doesn't explain why you think it has "extremely high CPU usage".

Was this system working previously and then just started not working out of the blue, or is this a new build?

What are the ACTUAL hardware specs including EXACT model numbers for motherboard, CPU, memory kit, exact power supply model, storage devices, etc.?

josefdoc

Prominent
Nov 18, 2022
That doesn't explain why you think it has "extremely high CPU usage".

Was this system working previously and then just started not working out of the blue, or is this a new build?

What are the ACTUAL hardware specs including EXACT model numbers for motherboard, CPU, memory kit, exact power supply model, storage devices, etc.?

Hi there,

This just started happening out of the blue, it was working fine before. I can't really look at the specs, as I can't get the monitor to turn on to look at the specs. I really only know the general specs posted above. Do you have any insights into this? I appreciate the help! Would resetting the BIOS help?

Last edited:
Well, the power supply model you can find by taking the side panel off the case and looking at the label on the side of power supply.

The motherboard model should be printed somewhere directly on the motherboard itself.

The graphics card is 7 years old so it's definitely a potential candidate for being old enough to simply fail. And if the rest of the system is about the same age as the graphics card, then honestly it could be any of them.

It would be really helpful to know the model of the CPU as well to know if it has integrated graphics. I'd try removing the graphics card completely from the motherboard, then connecting the display cable to one of the video outputs on the back of the motherboard to see if you get a display that way.

TRENDING THREADS