Question High CPU usage, Chrome / Windows 11.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Hi all,

Has anybody run into issues with Chrome, Windows 11 & high CPU usage?

I have 9 Chrome tabs open, and I hear my fans ramp up. I have HWInfo64 running and CPU temps are in the mid 70s.
Pulling up task manager and I'm running about 75% utilization CPU-wise (10700F), 60%+ of that is Chrome.

Nothing demanding going on in Chrome.... Hotmail, Citrix logon, TH and 6x Amazon pages.

I've been hearing fans ramp up on & off recently, but haven't paid much attention. Now that I think about it, I suspect it coincided with running W11 (clean install).

Not a huge issue, I'm going to close tabs one by one and see if things cool/quieten down, just curious if anybody else has run into this.

UPDATE It was one particular tab, today at least - never had that tab open before, but assuming similar culprits. Was a search result page on Amazon, rather than a specific product page.
Closed that and CPU usage dropped to about 40-45% total, 30-35% of which is Chrome.

Last edited:

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
BIOS update pending perhaps? I don't have Win11, yet but on Win 10, Chrome w/ 17tabs open, I'm running out of 8GB's of ram(placeholder for my other 16GB kit to come into the build) at this point.

Perhaps. Will take a look.
RAM-wise, I'm fine (about 7GB of 16GB in use, about 3GB of which is Chrome).... but I wouldn't have been surprised if it was a RAM issue... CPU, is odd.

UPDATE It was one particular tab, today at least - never had that tab open before, but assuming similar culprits. Was a search result page on Amazon, rather than a specific product page.
Closed that and CPU usage dropped to about 40-45% total, 30-35% of which is Chrome.

Reactions: Lutfij