[SOLVED] High cpu usage for opera or any other browser and overwatch

frostp1

Reputable
Nov 18, 2014
Hello
I've recently upgraded back to Win10 because of a lan program that I need to use which doesn't work on Win7 and experienced high cpu usage on almost anything that runs and then gets on scrolling or whatever. It doesn't matter what software what app or whatever I use but for example Opera (Edge had the same thing doesn't matter) when I start it cpu usage rises up to about 70% just for it and calms down later. If I start to scroll it again increases but this time to about 45% and when I stop it calms down as well. This never happened before and because of it I'm getting performance issues scrolling and everything else like a video for example. Before downgrading to Windows 7 there was no issue like this I only did so because of my old cpu and updates and etc. really bothered it not by much but still It was important for me to play Overwatch at least on a stable 87 FPS (77 oc hz). Though It didn't help a lot it was still something.
Speaking of games Overwatch is also unplayable. Absolute disaster. I just now noticed in main menu that as long as I dont move my cursor the FPS is at 60. Move it for even just a bit it drops to 20-40.
-Idle
sWhH5x.jpg

-After moving crosshair for even a bit.
B58o2A.jpg

One thing to point out is that from all of my upgrades / downgrades I've never kept my personal files. Always did it like a fresh install on a fresh Drive. This time I was to lazy to reinstall everything and etc. I kept the files reinstalled drivers, browser, updated OS and basically thats it. I've added screenshots of the browser cpu usage on start, idle, scrolling and spects if it really matters at this point even though it was really fine before but didn't bother with the in game since everything is the same with it as well.

I hope I've provided the issue and information clearly since English isn't my first language and I'm still confused on what's going on anyway so I can't really express this well.
- Idle
2kaPI7.jpg
- Scrolling
jJHS3o.jpg
- Start
TvlBiU.jpg

Spects:
lDTrsf.jpg

c2H4pd.jpg

Forgot to mention It also goes nuts for about 5 seconds when I start Task manager basically thats for everything simple as that I run as long as it's not idle.

I'd say there is an 90% chance that this is a driver issue. I'm sure your hardware is fine, but during the upgrade from 7 to 10, the system misidentified something and loaded the wrong driver or that driver was corrupted. You can go through replacing drivers and you might find it (I would start with the USB subsystem and then chipset drivers ... you plugged into USB 3? special driver required?), but it might be easy to do a fresh install.

Oh, I guess you could try "sfc /scannow", but I have never seen that fix anything.

frostp1

Reputable
Nov 18, 2014

I’ve tried reinstalling corsair so called ‘engine’ but it didn’t work. Deleting mouse drivers and the ‘engine’ with a pc reset also didn’t work. No sadly I can’t use USB 3.0 motherboard apperently doesnt support it.

frostp1

Reputable
Nov 18, 2014

Alright so this is probably the best part, there are no chipset drivers on official asrock website for win10 (i've tried another website that included one and for some reason says that its supported https://www.driverscape.com/manufacturers/asrock/laptops-desktops/n68c-gs-fx/160588 but running the install I get notification that it couldn't detect any supported devices). Amd's official website didn't have AM3+ drivers. Fabulous.

EDIT: I hope I'm not wrong but perhaps 990FX is what i'm looking for?
Edit edit: Tried it but no luck only says that It couldn't find supported components