High CPU Usage

Andrei Albescu

Reputable
Dec 29, 2014
Hey guys. Yesterday I've installed a fresh Windows 7 and the problems started to show up. If I just watch a video on YouTube the cpu usage is going at least to 80%, and this never happened before I reinstalled my Windows. I can't even play Agar.io, the game is dropping a lot of frames. I saw someone who had this problem because the CPU fan wasn't working anymore but I looked inside the case and both the fans are working, the cpu one and the source one too. In Task Manager, I only have chrome.exe, avast, csrss.exe, dwm.exe, explorer.exe, taskhost.exe, taskmgr.exe, unsecapp.exe, VDeck.exe, winlogon.exe and only Chrome uses alot of CPU when I'm doing something like watching a video, surfing the net etc. I've tried to use Mozilla but I got the same results. What should I do? Reinstalling the Windows again would be a solution ?

Dave420

Reputable
Jul 29, 2015
Try disabling some plug-ins, extension and/or add-ons in your Chrome Browser and see if it has any effect. If that doesn't work try reinstalling Chrome and see if that has any effect. If you still encounter problems it's probably not Chrome itself draining your CPU usage but rather another application that it is using to run, for example java. Try to find out if this is the case as well.

You'll also want to run a security scan using a trustworthy scanner like Microsoft Security Essentials, and see if any malware is causing you trouble.