alexalexa221

Reputable
Apr 20, 2020
There is a chance this is just an error made by Task Manager but I am not sure so I decided to ask you guys for an opinion. As the title suggest, 'System Idle Process' (SIP) is using a lot of my CPU. Now, from what I understood this is completely normal as it is just a way of showing how much of the CPU is not utilised. This is true for the most part, for example with Chrome opened, SIP is utilising about 80-95% of the CPU meanwhile the rest goes towards Chrome and other tasks. Something important to note is that Task Manager in the Processes tab only shows Chrome and the rest of the tasks running and keeps SIP hidden in the Details tab. This means that if for example Chrome uses 50% of the CPU it will only display 50% in Task Manager as the total CPU utilisation.

Now the problem is when I play games. My CPU is always at 100% even though the games and other tasks are not using that much CPU power. For example in the Last of us part I the game is only utlising 50-80% of the CPU but in Task Manager and even AMD metrics it says the total CPU utilisation is at 100%. This is weird because as I said Task Manager does not take into account SIP and only displays the values used by other tasks, so theoretically it should have shown the usage of the game + other tasks that are not at 100%. Process Explorer is the only program that identifies SIP which seems to be the culprit. Now is there any way to stop the game running at 100%? Also it cannot be a bottleneck because my GPU utilisation is at 99%