High DPC latency with High end PC

Oct 12, 2018
Hello, i have high dpc latecy specialy the [highest measured interrupt to process latency us]
even in idle it goes 400-500 and gaming over 1000, im testing with latecnymon and i have windows 10 1607
i have done a lot of stuff, but it still remains

my specs:

CPU: i7 6700k
GPU: 1080 GTX
Motherboard: ASROCK z170a x-1
RAM: 16GB

i have disabled, services, disabled devices, bios tweaks, uninstall apps that i dont need, overall windows tweaks
in fortnite it is just unplayable, i started to take things in my own hand and found this latecnymon and i omg those results, i have managed to get nvidia tab down, using 368.95 drivers the main concern is [highest measured interrupt to process latency us], please help me most of the games are unplayable i have read other forums, people having high dpc latecny, and i ve been doing it about 3 days now

Solution
I SEEMED TO FIX IT, i reverted bios to older version and there is no more stutters at all and dpc latecny is fixed

ASROCK z170a x-1

7.30 big stutters high dpc latecny
7.10 big stutters high dpc latecny

i tried 1.70 and no more stutters and dpc latecny alot lower
how did you go about this? all at once or one at a time, running dlpclat.exe? if you go in device manager one by one you will find the offender.

usual suspects, Network drivers and Storage drivers and video drivers. In device manager you can try to update all the important stuff and see if everything goes back to normal

Oct 12, 2018

i have disabled them one by one and uninstalled them one by one, it is same
i have been using old network drivers, and most up to date ones, still same
storage drivers updated same, and video drivers, if i use the newest or close to newest it goes far up, i use 368.95 and it remains lower, but that is not the case, why im getting [highest measured interrupt to process latency us] so high, ive seen people who get 3-4 us or 10-20, update if i use newest nvidia drivers i get high dxgkrnl.sys, but using 368.95 it stays low
but again problem is this tab [highest measured interrupt to process latency us]

Oct 12, 2018

1) i am sorry, i have never posted anything in forums before, but il try my best with the screenshots and results
2) i have been doing that exact scan, did not help,
3) here is a screenshot idle results

2d6temx.jpg

Oct 12, 2018
and then this happens when i open/play fortnite, stutters from right the beginning,
i am all about performance.

mt5yyb.jpg

* i have also updated bios and i reverted back same results current version is 7.10 newest is 7.30

Oct 12, 2018

1) https://ufile.io/8gisq

2) is this correct way to send this, ive seen they upload it more easy way, again my apologies

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i also see in device manager under {IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers] i have Standard SATA AHCI Controller
mebey that is the problem as im read that can be one of the fix, but how do i know which one i should install

Oct 12, 2018

1) done many times not a help at all
2) i have updated windows to 1803, but i dont like it, and i tested there with Latecnymon also, same results (all windows updates included)
3) today i went back again to 1607 reinstalled same results

Oct 12, 2018

1) thats why im using 368.95, other versions are hitting it even harder

well u dont have dpc latency issue...its high interrupts...thats a little bit different
anyway its cpu/bios/windows settings related

there is a windows hax for this lying around on teh internet for a while now, many web pages using it (like youtube) for *best playing experience* at the cost of higher cpu load etc etc.
anyway, just tryied it on bluestack with some random game on it
defualt interrupt was jumping up to 1k, with this tool it got reduced to ~500

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AipaiVibgFNwhTVWiIaFwHMMOyZr
all u need to do is to click on "maximum" button and keep it minimised

outside of gaming u may want to keep it closed as it may draw more power then pc usualy does

if u are affraid of some random executable from internet, u can always make a windows call
here is some info for NtQueryTimerResolution calls
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7685762/windows-7-timing-functions-how-to-use-getsystemtimeadjustment-correctly/11743614#11743614

with this u will only hide issue, so its only temporary, better would be fix your pc settings

Oct 12, 2018

1) cant get it link doesnt work
2) well u dont have dpc latency issue...its high interrupts...thats a little bit different
anyway its cpu/bios/windows settings related - seems correct
3) is this application name TIMER RESOLUTION?

Oct 12, 2018

1) yes i have used TIMER RESOLUTION, and it doesnt change anything says already maxed value
2) disabled hpet - pretty much same
3) disabled power saving features - pretty much same
4) 3rd app running in background - i have disabled most of them, and i dont have any more apps to install, i just did clean install today
5) i hope somebody do know ;p

Oct 12, 2018

1) quite new videocard, but you never know, some high end games what i have downloaded singleplayer ultra settings no lag,no stutter

2) just dpc latecny interrupts are going high and its not normal, fortnite for example pretty much unplayable

Oct 12, 2018

1) yes my thoughts went on that, 3 days ago i started taking them off myself i had 2 monitor usb what actualy i did not use at first it like felt better, [then went back] so i removed 2 monitor usb devices

2) now its only keyboard/mouse - still remains

Oct 12, 2018

1) yeah might be, but is that all on software side?
2) what else can i do
3) and what should be normal dpc latecny for my configuration anyway can you say in what range?