High End Audio Card

PharosTomb

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
Well the short backstory is as follows:
Since there are no acceptable computer speakers available on teh market Im lookign at building my own speaker set up. I will probably be using one on Klipsch's reference cinema series, accompanied with a suitable receiver.
I am not sure what sound card would be the best for such a system. I would be using the computer mostly for music and some movies. However I do play the ocasional game.While some sound quality can be sacrificed in this area, the card needs to be able to handle a high end headset for when i play more competative games.

JaredAudiophileGamer

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009
mhm i use it for the same reasons as the op and it has satisfied my audiophiliac needs =) also, i chose it over creatives offerings due to the blatant lack of any driver support for vista, -1 for creative and all its generic sound cards =P

JDocs

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2008
Apart from all of that driver support and hardware acceleration of sound under Vista are 2 separate ball games. Creative Labs provides drivers but many of their cards still don't have hardware acceleration for Vista, very disappointing for those who invested a fortune in their cards. Fortunately the Xonar does both very well.