[SOLVED] High-end case recommendations

Mar 9, 2019
I'm picking parts for my high-end PC and i don't know what case to pick. My motherboard is MSI MEG Z390 GODLIKE (272mm wide i think, not sure though). I mostly care about thermal performance, i don't care much about silence.

Solution
360mm AIO
The NZXT H700 would be a good choice, comes with 3-120mm intake fans in the front and a 140mm fan in the rear as exhaust so with a 360mm AIO I'd mount it on top as exhaust. I have the H500 and there easy cases to work in and cable management is simple and looks great.

PCPartPicker Part List

Case: NZXT - H700 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($137.59 @ Amazon)
Total: $137.59
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-03 15:20 EDT-0400

If you want something a bit flashier I'd go with the Lian Li PCO-O11 Dynamic. With it's dual chamber design it keeps the PSU/cables behind the case while the front is showcased in glass. Like the H700...
I recently bought a Corsair 750D. It has tons of room.....which lends to easy cooling.....and it seems to be built very sturdy.....and I think it looks nice.

I have two intakes on the front and three exhaust on the top and everything stays as cool as can be and I'm running an RTX 2080 Ti with an i7-7800X.

Reactions: TooGreen

WildCard999

Titan
360mm AIO
The NZXT H700 would be a good choice, comes with 3-120mm intake fans in the front and a 140mm fan in the rear as exhaust so with a 360mm AIO I'd mount it on top as exhaust. I have the H500 and there easy cases to work in and cable management is simple and looks great.

PCPartPicker Part List

If you want something a bit flashier I'd go with the Lian Li PCO-O11 Dynamic. With it's dual chamber design it keeps the PSU/cables behind the case while the front is showcased in glass. Like the H700 I would mount the AIO on top as exhaust but with this case I'd put 3-120mm fans on the bottom (with filters) as intake as well as the side fans (3-120mm) with intake. For fans you could go either RGB or non depending on preference. Just a heads up this case doesn't come with fans so consider that into the price.

PCPartPicker Part List

Case: Lian-Li - PC-O11 Dynamic (Black) ATX Full Tower Case ($130.27 @ Walmart)
Total: $130.27
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-03 15:24 EDT-0400

There's quite a few other options that would support that 360mm AIO but if this is for a gaming system you'll want to setup the AIO as exhaust as not to dump hotter air into a already warm system considering the GPU.

Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Whereas I would set the 360mm vertical to the back as exhaust, with 3x fans bottom as intake and 3x top also as exhaust. You can run the top exhaust lower rpm and the bottom intakes higher rpm and end up with plenty of airflow top - bottom, while keeping noise levels down and still provide plenty of air for the aio fans.

Reactions: TooGreen
Mar 9, 2019

PCPartPicker Part List

If you want something a bit flashier I'd go with the Lian Li PCO-O11 Dynamic. With it's dual chamber design it keeps the PSU/cables behind the case while the front is showcased in glass. Like the H700 I would mount the AIO on top as exhaust but with this case I'd put 3-120mm fans on the bottom (with filters) as intake as well as the side fans (3-120mm) with intake. For fans you could go either RGB or non depending on preference. Just a heads up this case doesn't come with fans so consider that into the price.

PCPartPicker Part List

Case: Lian-Li - PC-O11 Dynamic (Black) ATX Full Tower Case ($130.27 @ Walmart)
Total: $130.27
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-03 15:24 EDT-0400

There's quite a few other options that would support that 360mm AIO but if this is for a gaming system you'll want to setup the AIO as exhaust as not to dump hotter air into a already warm system considering the GPU.
Are you sure the H700i is compatible with my motherboard? On the official website of NZXT it is written that it supports up to 272mm, but PCPartPicker says that they are not compatible and I do not know who to trust.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The H700/i supports E-ATX mobo's of 272mm. (10.7in) which is a pretty standard size. The MSI Z390 Godlike is a pretty standard sized E-ATX at 272mm. There shouldn't be any issue installing the mobo, just make doubly sure all standoffs are aligned correctly.

Motherboard Support Mini-ITX, MicroATX, ATX and EATX(Up to 272mm or 10.7-inches)
That's from NZXT

The Godlike IS compatible, you just have to move the cable management bar to the second slot. PCP reports incompatability because it's not a stock fitment since you have to move something.

Video proof

Last edited: