High End GAMING PC Compatiblity

Anonymous_12

Commendable
Jul 4, 2016
I am trying to build a High end gaming pc and just wanted to confirm if everything is fully compatible and if any changes at all is necessary(also tell me some alternatives if possible to lower the price a little if it wont make much difference as I have to get a laptop too) so here are the final specs I have looked upon:

MONTIOR: (Acer Predator XB241H bmipr 24
-inch Full HD 1920x1080 NVIDIA G-Sync Display, 144Hz, 2 x 2w speakers, HDMI & DP)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C05C1OK/ref=twister_B01E8IITIO?tag=amazon0012-20&_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
PROCESSOR(i7 6700K)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117559
GRAPHICS CARD: (EVGA NVIDEA FOUNDER EDITION 1080 8 GB)(amazon price increased)
https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Founders-Graphics-08G-P4-6180-KR/dp/B01FWI6F08
MOTHERBOARD: (GIGABYTE GA-Z170X)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128838&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-VigLink2-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3821802&SID=ipztaqyj30000a1700053
RAM: (2 OF IT):( Corsair Dominator Platinum Series 16GB)
https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Dominator-Platinum-3000MHz-Systems/dp/B0134EVVO2/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1465920376&sr=8-3-fkmr1&keywords=Corsair+Dominator+Platinum+16GB+3,000MHz+(CMD16GX4M2B3000C15)&linkCode=sl1&tag=trusrevi01-20&linkId=e8caab0c24e7cb8cade2aca74e61afaf
SSD: (Samsung 850 EVO 500GB):
https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-850-EVO-2-5-Inch-MZ-75E500B/dp/B00OBRE5UE
HARD DRIVE: (TOSHIBA)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822149633
CPU COOLER: (Corsair Hydro Series H115i Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler , Black)
https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Extreme-Performance-Liquid-Cooler/dp/B019955RNQ?ie=UTF8&keywords=hydro%20h115&linkCode=sl1&linkId=167ea1cc726c00ea46a0da6e542618cd&qid=1456355437&redirect=true&ref_=as_li_ss_tl&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1&tag=thtebusgu-20
PSU: (EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 80+ GOLD, 850W ECO Mode Fully Modular NVIDIA SLI and Crossfire Ready 10 Year Warranty Power Supply 220-G2-0850-XR)
https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-SuperNOVA-Crossfire-Warranty-220-G2-0850-XR/dp/B00IKDETOC?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00IKDETOC&linkCode=as2&linkId=JEZO5AS4MZ4W7W27&redirect=true&ref_=as_li_tl&tag=thtebusgu-20
CASE: (NZXT Phantom 820 Full Tower Chassis WHITE)
https://www.amazon.com/Phantom-Chassis-Changing-Control-CA-PH820-M1/dp/B009QZH23S

That's what I first thought, but then I looked at the display he speced, and the fact that he's asking for possible alternatives to lower price. As I said, the only reason to spec a 850w PSU, is if he switches to a higher res display and adds another GPU, the combined sum of which is quite spendy. Especially when you consider he's liking G-Sync and 144Hz.

True, but for that matter, a 2x8GB kit is plenty for gaming, and would be one way of lowering price, since that was one of his priorities.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum

Many high end gaming rigs are also used for video rendering/work,, imaging and many other things, my rigs are often used for gaming by clients and others in the shop, but they are used for all kinds of things, which is why all are loaded with 32GB or more. OP specified 32GB so am guessing there may be a reason for it ;).

I'm well aware that high end gaming rigs are often used for more than gaming, but so far he hasn't indicated such, and is asking for ways to lower price. The 32GB speced could just be out of naivety, since he's asking for advice.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Well we never know what all is what till we get responses, I myself don't like to jump to conclusions without probing a little more, my original response was to point out that buying a couple of individual sticks could be (and often is) problematic, which no one else had mentioned or maybe didn't even notice.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
In opening thread, OP says he wants 32GB

"(2 OF IT):( Corsair Dominator Platinum Series 16GB)"

I simply said get it all in a single package - then you jumped in saying telling OP he doesn't need it, which I clarified, 16GB is fine, not sure why you are acting so defensive. We work with what is here/presented

Actually all I said was "...a 2x8GB kit is plenty for gaming, and would be one way of lowering price, since that was one of his priorities", and you took it as a challenge to what you said, so back off already, and let him decide.

All we know so far is he's using it for gaming, and 32GB RAM is not at all necessary for that. If he doesn't even know to look for a 2x kit of RAM instead of individual modules, he might also not even know how much is needed for gaming.

JEEZ!

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
I didn't take it as a challenge, again simply made a stement, generally if someone mentions 32GB they have a reason for doing so. Could well be he wants a RAMDisk and to load games and run them from that, many people do so, or as mentioned other uses for the rig. Actually I was glad to see someone mention 16GB of DRAM, as all too many still want to say 8GB is 'all you'll ever need' ;) There's no need to get confrontational about it. Quite similar to the PSU, Seeking_Gamer_2 offered the possibility of SLI down the road and you sort of jump on him also. Without knowing what OP wants we have to work with what is presented, make suggestions and ask for info.

Nothing I said was "out of context". If anything's out of context, it's your assuming he needs 32GB RAM, when the only intended use he's indicated thus far is gaming. I also made a very valid point, that if he doesn't even know to look for paired kits of RAM vs single modules, he very well may not know how much RAM is needed for gaming.

That's something you completely glossed over. I think it's pretty strange you acknowledge his naivety on modules, yet when it comes to RAM capacity, suddenly you assume he knows what he needs just to support your argument against me. That is about as out of context as it gets. Clearly the only one you're looking to help here, is your own ego.

I also find your wink emoticon very disingenuous.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
I'm Not 'assuming' he needs 32 GB - original specs were for 2x16GB. We have no idea what else he may have in mind for the rig, and nothing further has been forthcoming. 32 is more and more a common figure, so until something further were to appear, I just went with he has a reason for it, might be running multiple apps, video work, or many other things.

What you're doing is waffling AND assuming. As you just acknowledged, he started out specing 16GB via a single module. At one point you claimed he originally said 32GB, but it was only you that said anything about 32GB, and just now you admitted he originally said 16GB.

All you're doing is confusing him. About the only thing accurate you've said on RAM in regard to his stated use, is that 2x8GB is adequate for gaming. Had you just left it at that, there'd be nothing to argue about, but you're basically just making up scenarios when you assume he needs 32GB, when he's indicated only gaming for use.

Surely you must realize a lot of people here assume moderators are more experienced and knowledgeable on such matters, so you really should advise based on the stated intended use. Advising based on assumed scenarios can be very misleading to some people, especially when mods do it.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Try reading the thread genius

"RAM: (2 OF IT):( Corsair Dominator Platinum Series 16GB)"

note the "2 of it" then the description 16GB, which led to my initial response of don't but two single sticks, no guarantees.

You screw up and try to make out someone else to be wrong - just to try and prove you are right, that's not even waffling (your words), it's nothing more than making excuses and trying to blame others for your own statements which have no practical use. As far as DRAM goes, I'll be happy to pit my knowledge with you anty day of the week, month, year or whatever timeframe. Egos are fine, but have to be backed up, how many Best solutions have you received for DRAM problems? I know I have more than a few as it's one of my specialities and I'm always looking to learn more, but that comes from people with some knowledge of the subject.

OK, I missed the 2 of it part, but you also said he started out saying 32GB, then said he started out saying 16GB. Are you implying your misinterpretation is better than mine?

Plus the main thing is, he never stated any use other than gaming, which you admitted requires no more than 16GB, yet you still stick to this 32GB advice without knowing if he even needs it.

I stand by what I said about your ego, and what you just added only further confirms it. Also, try using paragraphs instead of typing a wall of text. It makes you look unstable.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Not to him - again if you read what is said - I specifically state that yes 2x8 is sufficient for gaming "unless the rig is to be used for other also, where more DRAM is needed and may call for 32GB"

Since no other replys to the contrary who is to know????? As I mentioned origianl specs say 32 - you run on the assumption that it is gaming only - never good to live on assumptions - which is why I took the approach I did - rather than simply 'assume'

I was referring to you stroking your own ego and playing word games to try and get out out of a sticky situation. You are even reading what is printed - yet want to argue that you are right, and take other peoples words and twist them to try and prove you are right ;)

Anonymous_12

Commendable
Jul 4, 2016
Sorry for the late reply, I made this thread and completely forgot about it lol. I had decided to wait and this is the current build i am getting tho i will have to wait for some time for the graphics card:
1. Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HK bmiprz 27-inch IPS UHD (3840 x 2160) NVIDIA G-Sync Widescreen Display: $800
2. Processor: Intel 7th Gen Intel Core Desktop Processor i7-7700K: $345.99
3. Motherboard: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon: $187.16
4. Video Card: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Asus strix
5. Ram: Corsair 2x8GB Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 White:$118.95
6. SSD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB: $329.99
7. HHD: WD Black 2TB 7200rpm: $123
8. Case: Corsair crystal series 570x RGB: $167
9. PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W: $119.89
10. Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Liquid Cooler:$119.99
11. Software: Microsoft Windows 10 Flash Drive: $61
12. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire: $169.99
13. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core: $75.87