[SOLVED] High-End MSI Gaming Laptop struggling to perform ?

ItsFluffy

Prominent
Feb 4, 2021
My High-End MSI Gaming Laptop is struggling to perform in under-demanding games such as Rocket League, continual frame drops in a few other games as well.

I have recently been experiencing frame drops from my laptop. I have recently bought a Samsung 240 hz monitor connected via HDMI cable, and was having issues with FPS in Rust, so in order to hopefully solve the problem (it didn't), I wiped windows, and did a "clean" install of windows. I then updated all my drivers, ensured that my windows was up to date, and have been browsing reddit and tom's guide for a solution, trying everything I see, but nothing is working, so I'm kind of at my wit's end. Any assistance is appreciated! V-sync is off, and my settings are on low.

My DxDiag: https://pastebin.com/Hn9FsMbx

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Pertaining to your laptop's specs, you should use CPU-Z. I'm not 100% sure but it looks like your laptop is pending one BIOS update, here, version 111(not 511). Also, you should be on Windows 10 version 20H2. I see that you will need to reinstall your OS. Fabricate your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools. Make sure you've downloaded all necessary drivers onto a pen drive, backup all critical content from the laptop and then reinstall the OS.

You should then install the drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Pertaining to your laptop's specs, you should use CPU-Z. I'm not 100% sure but it looks like your laptop is pending one BIOS update, here, version 111(not 511). Also, you should be on Windows 10 version 20H2. I see that you will need to reinstall your OS. Fabricate your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools. Make sure you've downloaded all necessary drivers onto a pen drive, backup all critical content from the laptop and then reinstall the OS.

You should then install the drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Solution