[SOLVED] High end P.C with micro stutters?

Feb 23, 2019
Hey guys I'm super new to computer just switched over from Xbox, only game I've downloaded so far is fortnite. I have a 3,000 pre built P.C; i9 9900k; rtx 2080, all the good stuff. When I play I get these micro stutters even though I am running 0-12 ping and 200+fps. I have no idea what it could be I've looked a lot online and nothing has helped. Another small issue is the game looks really pixelated but I'm assuming that could be my monitor? Have a acer 27" 240hz 1 ms response.

Solution

There might be a chance for you to use Freesync. Not all Freesync monitors have been tested since Nvidia implemented Freesync support in their latest drivers but it might work.

Have a read through the article explaining what Gsync/Freesync is and showing how to enable it. Fingers crossed.
Nov 8, 2018
I have problems with stutters there too. Don't know if it's my PC or the game because i'm also having micro stutters from time to time in Metro Exodus. I don't have the 9900K though, i have the 8700K and a RTX 2080. I'm pretty new to PC as well coming from console so with limited knowledge it's so hard to know if it's just a game problem or if it's the PC. =/

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Micro stutters can happen if fps is over the refresh rate. Tearing can happen if fps is below or over the refresh rate. Vsync set to application control in NvidiaCP and enable vsync ingame, i think Fortnite has an option for it as most games do. Other vsync options in NvidiaCP overrides the game's vsync so can play around with it.

Regarding Fortnite looking pixelated, check you have set 3D resolution to the correct resolution for your monitor because this is the actual resolution. The display resolution is for the hud.

Reactions: Faded247

Cioby

Distinguished
You could send us a picture of what you call pixelated.
Secondly stutters usually occur when your fps drops way too low and too fast. Using Vsync is a good idea since you already have 240 Mhz monitor but you may also be running under those values, if your monitor has Gsync, you should try using that, then the game will seem to stutter less, frames will be aligned with your monitor, or so they say.
I hope you also installed the latest drivers from Nvidia directly from their website, for your specific Windows and GPU.

Reactions: Faded247
Feb 23, 2019
You could send us a picture of what you call pixelated.
Secondly stutters usually occur when your fps drops way too low and too fast. Using Vsync is a good idea since you already have 240 Mhz monitor but you may also be running under those values, if your monitor has Gsync, you should try using that, then the game will seem to stutter less, frames will be aligned with your monitor, or so they say.
I hope you also installed the latest drivers from Nvidia directly from their website, for your specific Windows and GPU.
Limited fps definitely helped a ton it's been a lot better. Will try with vsync on I've had it turned off. Monitor has freesync. As far as drivers go ya I didn't know I needed those I will get into that when I get home. Sorry for the newbie questions guys this is my first computer. you guys have been a ton of help, I appreciate it.

boju

Titan
Ambassador

There might be a chance for you to use Freesync. Not all Freesync monitors have been tested since Nvidia implemented Freesync support in their latest drivers but it might work.

Have a read through the article explaining what Gsync/Freesync is and showing how to enable it. Fingers crossed.

Solution