High End PC gameplay stuttering on fortnite

jake88

Honorable
Jan 3, 2015
hi guys im experiencing stuttering game play in fortnite started around 4 weeks ago, its makes the game unplayable.happens randomly every few seconds,sometimes every 10-15 seconds.i have tried different drivers for GPU,reformatted my ssd,put the power option to performance tried enabling disabling vsync etc.. any help is much appreciated. here is my pc stats.

win10
cpu :i5 7500
ram :16gb
GPU: gtx 1080 ti
Motherboard :STRIX H270F GAMING.

Solution
CPU overheating/throttling?

Download and run Intel Extreme Tuner and check the clock speed, Temperature and if its throttling or not while in the game.

jake88

Honorable
Jan 3, 2015
also i just ran Dxdiag and it doesnt show my motherboard it just says

system manufacturer:system manufacturer
system model:system product name

is this normal?shouldnt the motherboard name be there?

jake88

Honorable
Jan 3, 2015
also while the loading screen is up im seeing the fps meter drop down to around 4-6fps is this normal?unfortantely when the game loads the fps meter goes away so i cant see it while playing.

jake88

Honorable
Jan 3, 2015
okay upgraded everything i could on my Motherboard and also updated windows and im still have the same problem, even when i turn the game settings down to the lowest quality ?wtf?

my temps are all good and i have never overlclocked.all i can think of next is to reseat cpu ?lol ?

jake88

Honorable
Jan 3, 2015
Problem solved. i reseated my cpu and all in 1 water cooler and its working fine now, pretty sure 1 of my 2 cables to my cpu cooler had fell out, Even tho my cpu temps where in normal range it wasnt working then ?wierd.
thanks for your input guys.