[SOLVED] High end pc not really running games like it should?

Jun 12, 2018
Hello. I've been playing on this self-build computer for about a year now. My problem is that I don't feel the games are running like they should. Whenever I play (I play fortnite mainly) I run 144 fps capped no vsync most of the times, but whenever I enter a fight in a city or so, my fps drops all the time.

I've checked my temps, and they're fine.

What I have tried:
Update ALL drivers
Reinstall windows
Update BIOS
Tweak windows settings

Specs:
Cpu:: i7-8700k
Gpu: Amd radeon 64 vegas
Cpu cooler: Cooler pro 3
Psu: Corsair RM 850i
Ram: 2x8 ddr 4 hyper x fury
Motherboard: asus prime z370

Hope you guys can maybe solve my problem.

Solution
So I just need to overlock cpu and it should be good? :)

No, you don't just have to overclock your CPU. You have to OVERCLOCK THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS OFF YOUR CPU AND THEN OVERCLOCK IT SOME MORE.

For ppl like you who like to play at 144 FPS @1440P meager overclocks just don't cut it. You have to really stretch your CPU to its limits.

I gotta warn you though, even with your CPU overclocked to its max, you may still experience some dips and that's due to the nature of MMO's that have too many players congregate in the vicinity of the same general area.

There was this guy at MMO Champion who became a meme bc he spent $4k on a X99 system in order to raid at WoW at 100 FPS or above. Never happened because MMO.

So don't expect miracles.

Achaios

Honorable
BANNED
May 28, 2013
Yes, it's easy.

Heavily overclock your CPU.

What you are describing also happens in other MMO's such as WoW and is due to the fact that MMO's benefit more from single thread performance aka IPC.

Achaios

Honorable
BANNED
May 28, 2013
So I just need to overlock cpu and it should be good? :)

No, you don't just have to overclock your CPU. You have to OVERCLOCK THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS OFF YOUR CPU AND THEN OVERCLOCK IT SOME MORE.

For ppl like you who like to play at 144 FPS @1440P meager overclocks just don't cut it. You have to really stretch your CPU to its limits.

I gotta warn you though, even with your CPU overclocked to its max, you may still experience some dips and that's due to the nature of MMO's that have too many players congregate in the vicinity of the same general area.

There was this guy at MMO Champion who became a meme bc he spent $4k on a X99 system in order to raid at WoW at 100 FPS or above. Never happened because MMO.

So don't expect miracles.

Solution
Hello. I've been playing on this self-build computer for about a year now. My problem is that I don't feel the games are running like they should. Whenever I play (I play fortnite mainly) I run 144 fps capped no vsync most of the times, but whenever I enter a fight in a city or so, my fps drops all the time.

I've checked my temps, and they're fine.

What I have tried:
Update ALL drivers
Reinstall windows
Update BIOS
Tweak windows settings

Specs:
Cpu:: i7-8700k
Gpu: Amd radeon 64 vegas
Cpu cooler: Cooler pro 3
Psu: Corsair RM 850i
Ram: 2x8 ddr 4 hyper x fury
Motherboard: asus prime z370

Hope you guys can maybe solve my problem.

That's actually normal for the FPS to drop down when things are going on etc.