[SOLVED] High end PC performing below expectations?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Solution
The temps are fine but the CPU is running slow. You should try Aida64 extreme to see what is the highest clocks you get and at the same time it will show temps. The 8700K should be boosting to 4.7Ghz....I am sure your cooler may have something to do with this but first clear everything and run Aida and report both max CPU speed and temps...
The temps are fine but the CPU is running slow. You should try Aida64 extreme to see what is the highest clocks you get and at the same time it will show temps. The 8700K should be boosting to 4.7Ghz....I am sure your cooler may have something to do with this but first clear everything and run Aida and report both max CPU speed and temps...

Solution
Nov 9, 2019
I got aida idk what was the problem before... But what benchmark should i dot here? And power supply is 650w or 600w

Yep just keep an eye on it as the temps will stabilise...If it goes over 90 degrees then stop...you are okay all the way to 105 degrees but stop at 90 degrees. Also let me know the max speed the CPU reaches..You should only need to run it for 5 or 10 minutes...

Nov 9, 2019
Yep just keep an eye on it as the temps will stabilise...If it goes over 90 degrees then stop...you are okay all the way to 105 degrees but stop at 90 degrees. Also let me know the max speed the CPU reaches..You should only need to run it for 5 or 10 minutes...
Test is running now im going to keep it running 1hour about. As im looking temps i can see my motherboard temp is 24. Is that low? Or is it good or bad or normal

Nov 9, 2019
Yep much better as you are now achieving 4.7GHz....Temps are a little high but that is to be accepted as the CPU cooler you have is a bit weak. Temps will not be a worry during normal use like gaming etc but if you want higher clocks you will need to get a better cooler.....

TRENDING THREADS