Question High end PC slow desktop while gaming

Dec 21, 2020
Hi, lately I'm having issues with my high end pc. I run games fine with pretty good FPS's, but when I alt tab my desktop is really slow in everything, from opening folders to browse on the internet, etc...
And before I starting having this issues I used to be able to run 2 games and the PC would still run fine, and now I can't either my desktop begins to be very slow or either the games get low FPS's.

I have my graphics card with the latest update, and I already reinstalled windows 10.

PC:
Windows 10 PRO
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
32GB RAM (x2 16GB) 3200Mhz HyperX Fury RGB (can't run 3200 tho cuz its no compatible with motherboard, but this is another issue for another time)
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING
UNYKA 600W Retail Black (I've already considered this the problem but I don't know haven't done any tests yet.) have this one for 2 years+
Oh and last I have a NVMe 1TB SSD M.2 (something like that)

CPU reaches like 90% when playing COD MW: Call of Duty Modern Warfare but the thing is that my games run really smooth, only when alt tabbing for desktop, desktop is really slow, is like moving on a pc with 1gb ram with a Pentium and an HDD 500gb... How is that possible, honestly I never seen this before in my life and I work with computers for 4 years already.

Last edited: