Jul 29, 2022
Hello, first of all sorry for my bad english i'm not a native i'll try my best.

So couple of months ago I built a pc (built by a professionel I just picked up the part)
And now I just bought a brand new rtx 3080ti
But noticed that I am having a low framerate in a lot of game compared to all the benchmark I saw with this card and CPU
For some examples

• RDR 2 I can't reach 60 FPS all maxed out in 1440p
  • Cyberpunk 2077 same things can't reach 60 FPS constant even in lower settings
  • Ready or not (a lot less heavy game) my FPS can even drop to 25 so I don't understand

Here is my full specs :

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800x 8-Core
  • noctua nh-u12s
  • 32 GO of DRR4
  • Asus TUF Gaming RTX 3080 ti
  • B550 M Aorus elite
  • Bequiet 650 W
  • Windows 10
All my drivers are up to date
I reinstalled windows 2 times full clean instalation.
My components are not heating up this much I tested it in stresstest my CPU goes at max 90 which never happens in game and graphics card max at 70
Here is a userbenchmark test :
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/54242429

Thank you so much for you help sorry again for my poor english

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Be Quiet ! Power Zone, 650W

I checked on multiples website and it say that 650 W is ok
Don't you think ?
Nvidia suggests 750w for 3080Ti. Some aftermarket models might suggest higher, but either one is nothing more than a suggestion - an estimation.
Psu quantity has never been more important than quality. Plus, be quiet's Power Zone is from almost 10 years ago... I would have a hard time visualizing this handling the upper end RTX 30's poor power management.
Give HWINFO, or Gpu-Z(sensors tab, stretch the window out to see all parameters at once) a go and see if the gpu can even sustain above its base clock.

Why is there a franken-ram configuration? There's 2 - maybe 4 - different kits of ram in there?
The product model numbers I'm seeing in UBM are for Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro. These may not even be stable together.

Reactions: alexbirdie
Jul 29, 2022
Nvidia suggests 750w for 3080Ti. Some aftermarket models might suggest higher, but either one is nothing more than a suggestion - an estimation.
Psu quantity has never been more important than quality. Plus, be quiet's Power Zone is from almost 10 years ago... I would have a hard time visualizing this handling the upper end RTX 30's poor power management.
Give HWINFO, or Gpu-Z(sensors tab, stretch the window out to see all parameters at once) a go and see if the gpu can even sustain above its base clock.

Why is there a franken-ram configuration? There's 2 - maybe 4 - different kits of ram in there?
The product model numbers I'm seeing in UBM are for Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro. These may not even be stable together.
You are right I am using 2 kit of ram which are the one you said : corsair vengeance rgb pro and kingston hyper x
As for the gpu clock I will try it after work.
I think I will upgrade my PSU for a 850W considering your information

alexbirdie

Respectable
Your HDDs are very slow,too. At least SSDs ( or the faster NVMe-SSDs, if your MB supports them) will increase the smoothness of your system.

But I do not know, if your FPS will increase with that.

And to be sure, 2x16 GB Ram are quite better than 4x8 Gb( from different verndors like yours).

alexbirdie

Respectable

HWINFO would be great. Simply starting, sensors only, thenplay or make CB 2077-benchmark and then post the hwinfo-results ( you will see max frequency, max temp etc. about CPU and GPU and motherboard and VRMs and rams etc.).

I checked on multiples website and it say that 650 W is ok
Don't you think?..

I think I will upgrade my PSU for a 850W considering your information
i initially used my old 750w be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 with the TUF RTX 3080 Ti and it couldn't provide enough power.
some games would cause crashing when utilization reached >30%, others just under performed by a large margin vs what was possible.

upgraded to the 850w Super Flower Leadex III and have no problems whatsoever since.
ASUS claims that 850w is necessary for this card and it appears to be true.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I'm not seeing any ONE thing that stands out in HWMonitor.
So, with that in mind, I would conclude that it's a combination of things adding up to the current user experience...
OR ultra is just that dumb on resources; I took a look at Gamers' Nexus and Hardware Unboxed's review of the 3080Ti, where they have have slides of RDR2 and Cyberpunk 2077 at 1440p, BUT they're using high quality settings.

Jul 29, 2022
Okay so even a RTX 3080ti can't handle cyberpunk or rdr2 at ultra O_O
Now I must figure out why I have huge fps drop on ready or not..
So my current PSU is ok ? I don't have to change it ?
Thank you

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Ultra on 'most anything isn't very efficient on system resources.

Ready or Not is an Early Access title? That's essentially alpha/beta stage; so many potential optimizations that need to be ironed out.

If the system isn't crashing in game, I reckon the psu doesn't need to be changed. It's just a matter of time, as psus do age.

Jul 29, 2022
Cyberpunk 2077 with most settings maxed i get from ~85-110fps @ 3440x1440, usually hanging closer to low 100s.
DLSS on keeps it closer to 110 sometimes climbing a bit higher.

Red Dead Redemption 2 with maxed settings i easily get 110-120fps with fps capped @ 120.
So something is wrong with my pc, can’t find What is it..

phase88 said they were no issues with my psu
a nicer 650w may be okay for an FE model card or some others,
but ASUS states that 850w is required for this TUF model card.

and as i stated; my 750w Platinum Dark Power Pro 11, which is much higher quality than the Pure Power line, also resulted in some games performing well under possible results.
and after upgrading to the 850w Leadex III performance climbed significantly in those games.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Ahh, crapbaskets...
I said I THINK the psu is ok - meaning I wasn't with absolute certainty that it actually was. Given enough time, you'd have to replace it anyway. Crashing isn't the only sign of a psu problem - failing to sustain boost clocks is another.
Shame on me for failing to explain how you could check that. For that, you need to be able to view gpu clock frequency in real time. 3D Mark's Timespy shows graphs at the end of the run. You can see whether or not the gpu was able to sustain higher than its base clock.

-HWINFO(sensors only), double click on gpu clock.
-Msi Afterburner, detach the monitoring window from the main HUD.
-Gpu-Z(sensors tab).
Using any one of those 3 - but I believe the first 2 are easier to view core clock with - run non-3D Mark benches or play your games, tab out every now and then to take a look at the graph for gpu core clock. It's easier to look out for if you have this on a secondary screen.

* Our wattage recommendation is based on a fully overclocked GPU and CPU system configuration. For a more tailored suggestion, please use the “Choose By Wattage” feature on our PSU product page: https://rog.asus.com/event/PSU/ASUS-Power-Supply-Units/index.html

So, 850w out the gate, but may not be necessary for everyone, since most don't overclock.
On their wattage calculator with your cpu + gpu, I get:
750w(no OC), 850w(OC), but again, they're estimates.

Jul 29, 2022
Ok guys thanks for all your time and explanation, sorry I'm kind of a noob when it comes to this sort of things.
So I will definitly change my PSU
Thanks again, really !
I'll tell you the improvment when I change it