Dec 26, 2023
I need some help.

I have recently upgraded my system (for the same reasons above) with a fresh os install. I am getting terrible framedrops in rocket league (my main game i play) and for some reason framedrops in for example CS2, games like warzone 2, forza play kinda smooth i guess. Now my main worry is rocket league cause i play that game ALOT.

My rocket league is the worst with at first 800+ fps uncapped (i normally cap at 360fps but for this cause...) and it drops from stable 600~800 mid game to 40~140 fps constantly and almost every second, everytime i turn my car around and i am playing GC3 level so this is f'ed up.

framerate sometimes is stable but then drops randomly again... Gsync is turned off for now and tried with it on also but it is a pain in the ass rn. RL settings are better on High cause off low graphics game but even then i get insane framedrops (bad frametimes every half minute or so) and the game performance graphs tell me my "render max" is bad "and "GPU max" is also bad at the moments of stuttering-framedrops and you can see a red small spike every minute or so in the frametimes and also yellow spikes for the rest these are pretty good green straight lines. I tried my old card and it does the same. PSU upgraded with new system. I know its not the best but it should do for this build.

all game are played in native resolution (1440p) and settings tried high and low - medium, etc...

cpu temps are around 43-48C idle and 50-56C when gaming and in warzone or something sometimes 68-72C so for a 7950x3d that seems normal to me and had it with previous CPU (i7 9700K) also.
GPU temps are max 60 but never exceed 50 in RL.

Lets first list my system specs:

CPU: ryzen 9 7950x3d (not overclocked, no precision boost overdrive (expo in bios is enabled for RAM)
RAM: corsair vengeance K2 32 gb (dual channel) DDR5 5200MHz, EXPO enebled
GPU: RTX 4070 gigabyte windforce OC (bought this before upgrading to ryzen 9) (gpu has most recent drivers reinstalled multiple times and old ones)
(OLD) GPU: GTX 1080 windforce OC gigabyte (this one had same problems lately)
MOBO: MSI carbon b650 wifi
CPU cooling: NZXT kraken 280
CASE: Corsair crystal 680x black
PSU: Corsair RM850e 850W ATX
SSD's: For now just my samsung 980 M.2 SSD 500GB (windows 11 HOME installed on this one) and a samsung 860 EVO 250 GB. (tried both for installing games and see fps differences)

Main monitor: LG ultra gear 27gp850p 1440p monitor 165hz
Second monitor(old one): 1080p 240hz, not installed rn and dont know the name it is also an LG ultragear, same line up and had same gaming problems with that one on old CPU-GPU.

so verry frustrating upgrade if you ask me
Also did RAM mem check and that gave no faults.

sorry for my english in advance im from belgium.