Question HIGH fps but not smooth

Apr 8, 2022
Hi guys, i have a very strange problem and i don't even know how to describe it. The thing is that i've played CS GO for like 7 years and 5 years ago i've upgraded my monitor from 75 hz to a benq 144hz. Everything worked great, very smooth, no problem at all. After that i've got a AW240hz monitor which made the game even smoother but the problem was that after some time my fps were below 240 so i needed to upgrade my CPU. Now i have easily 400 fps but my game is not as smooth as it was. Is like i'm not even playing with a 240hz monitor and 400+ fps. I know it sounds strange but it feels like i can't fully control my crosshair. I tried the same thing on Valorant, it feels laggy. I also watched all my old videos when i played with my 144 monitor. It was smoother.
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Motherboard:GIGABYTE B550 AORUS ELITE V2
Ram: 16.0 gb 3000 freq
SSD/HDD: The only thing i know is the fact that is not an M2 and it has 240 gb but is the same SSD i've used in the past
GPU: GTX 1060 6GB
PSU:
Chassis: SilentiumPC Regnum RG4 Pure Black

Monitors: Alienware AW2521HF 240hz

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need a little more information. When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitors:

If you're on Windows 10, include the version(not edition) of the OS. Include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard?