[SOLVED] High FPS in games seems really slow ?

rscheetah30

Dignified
Jun 8, 2018
Almost all my games are running around 60-100fps but it never feels that fast. During games 60+ fps seems more like 30fps, but MSI Afterburner shows 60+ fps.

I've tried enabling v-sync to no avail.

Here are my specs:

Asus X555U

-Processor: i7 6500u
-Graphics card: NVidia 940m 2GB
-8GB of ram DDR3
-1TB HDD 5400rpm
-Monitor 60Mhz 15"

Any help appreciated

Solution
If MSI Afterburner is updating the frame rate every second, then it's not providing a good enough picture since it basically means "I detected X number of frames happened in a second." You may need to use another tool like RivaTuner Statistics Server or FRAPS (though it'll only work on DX11/OGL or earlier games) to show you the frame time, which would paint a better picture. That is, you may have cases where frame time is a lot longer than what should be normal. Also some aspects of a game, like physics animation, don't update as frequently by design.

However a cursory glance at your specs would tell me that even if we figure out what the problem is, there isn't much you can do about it. Higher frame times usually mean there was simply...
If MSI Afterburner is updating the frame rate every second, then it's not providing a good enough picture since it basically means "I detected X number of frames happened in a second." You may need to use another tool like RivaTuner Statistics Server or FRAPS (though it'll only work on DX11/OGL or earlier games) to show you the frame time, which would paint a better picture. That is, you may have cases where frame time is a lot longer than what should be normal. Also some aspects of a game, like physics animation, don't update as frequently by design.

However a cursory glance at your specs would tell me that even if we figure out what the problem is, there isn't much you can do about it. Higher frame times usually mean there was simply more stuff to do. If the higher frame times still happen with low graphical settings, that means the CPU isn't up to snuff. And the CPU you have isn't really a good performer these days relatively speaking.

Solution