Question High frequency noise when plugging in my headphones

May 31, 2020
Hi, I have been having some trouble when connecting my wired headphones to my computer.
Note: I built this system myself and the issue was the same when I upgraded my motherboard and other components of my computer.

The issue is:-
When I plug in my wired headphones to my computer either through the front or the back I get a very high frequency noise and can't hear a thing but that, however the computer recognizes the headphones plugged it but just can't get any noise to come through.

things I have tried:
I have uninstalled sound drivers and reinstalled - No luck
I have installed Realtek sound drivers - No luck
I have checked if the headphones were disabled in sound settings - Enabled the whole time
I have tried the headphones on multiple devices such as mobile phones, laptop and xbox one x - No luck

I have tried many other things that I can't even remember anymore. Does anyone have a clue of what is going on?

For your information the build is:-
Asrock Phantom gaming b365m motherboard
GTX 1660 super GPU
2x 8gb 2400mhz RAM
128gb NVME SSD
1tb HDD

Nov 9, 2020
"I have tried the headphones on multiple devices such as mobile phones, laptop and xbox one x - No luck "

Are you saying they still had the high pitch sound when plugged into other devices? Because if that is the case then that 100% means it is your headphones that are the issue.

May 31, 2020
"I have tried the headphones on multiple devices such as mobile phones, laptop and xbox one x - No luck "

Are you saying they still had the high pitch sound when plugged into other devices? Because if that is the case then that 100% means it is your headphones that are the issue.
No on other devices it works with no high pitch sound. Only when I plug it into my computer that it starts.

TRENDING THREADS