[SOLVED] high GPU Temperature and constant crashes

Apr 22, 2020
hello everyone, for some time, almost all the games I try to play brutally crash on the desktop ... at the beginning I thought it was simply a problem of my stupid pc, which therefore simply could no longer hold the part of the games heavy: Rainbow 6siege, Borderlands 3, COD Warzone, but at a certain point even lighter games like Warframe, The Witcher 1 or GRIS, which I don't think are so heavy, started to crash ... On warframe I have 1200 hours of play , but at some point he started crashing every now and then in some mission, then crashing every mission, and now every time I try to open the game ... 800 hours on Rainbow six siege, never had problems, now after a few minutes in the game crasho ... and recently I hit rock bottom with GRIS, almost at the end of the game, but I can't keep going because it keeps crashing ...
today I tried to keep GPU-z open on the second screen to see what temperatures I was playing playing GRIS, with nothing open I had from 48 to 55 degrees, going to 70/80 in the game and then getting scared seeing 90 degrees before the game crashasse lol ...
I don't think it's normal, I tried to open the PC today to clean it from dust (without changing thermal paste because I don't have any at the moment) but it is still very cold in my room, and so much heat does not come from the PC ...

I also tried to install MSI Afterburner to maybe lower the clock or increase the power of the fans, but for some reason the screen shows the core voltage sliders, power limit, temp limit and fan speed blocked, moreover, every time I modify and apply the core clock or the memory clock, the slider automatically returns all the way to the right ...

AMD A10-9600P
AMD R8 M445DX
8GB RAM
Windows10

i really need help, i have no idea what to do or how to fix it, and i'm getting a lot depressed about this

MSI Afterburn screenshot

Solution
i cannot even think how bad you may be playing games with very low frame rate with that very bad GPU.

Now, if the crash comes after hitting 90ºC, well...you have your answer. Since you have a laptop, the solution to overheating is not easy to solve.

You have been playing a lot of hours with games, that means your OS will have at least 1 or 2 years. I would beging by formating your Hard drive and installing Windows 10 again. Then try.

Piske

Honorable
Nov 28, 2016
i cannot even think how bad you may be playing games with very low frame rate with that very bad GPU.

Now, if the crash comes after hitting 90ºC, well...you have your answer. Since you have a laptop, the solution to overheating is not easy to solve.

You have been playing a lot of hours with games, that means your OS will have at least 1 or 2 years. I would beging by formating your Hard drive and installing Windows 10 again. Then try.

Solution
Apr 22, 2020

well, not so bad actually lol, at least i could play the games before... now every single one, even the one with fps is crashing.

I would also consider the formating option, but i actually have a lot of files right now in this pc, and with all the online class that my school oblig me to do i can't find time to formating it and redownload everything :C
and i can't understand why MSI Afterburn is not working for me...
(and... i also don't remamber how to connect again my raspberry to SSH lol)
i think i'm gonna cry lol