Question High internet speed when tested but low when downloading things.

May 31, 2020
I've been having this problem only on my pc since i got it (December 2019), everytime i download a game or a file it always only goes up to 8mb/s or 9mb/s. I've tested my download and upload speed on multiple sites and it's always been 70mb/s download and 25-35mb/s upload. On my ps4 when i try downloading a game it goes up to around 50mb/s. I don't know if this has anything to do with it but when i check my task manager and go to ethernet it says that it is sending 76.5Mbps but receiving 2.2mbs ( View: https://imgur.com/mYDVtab
). Any tips on what i can do to try increase my download speed?

May 31, 2020
it happens with game downloads from steam/battle.net/uplay but right now i'm downloading Modern Warfare from Battle.net

May 31, 2020
I've been having this problem only on my pc since i got it (December 2019), everytime i download a game or a file it always only goes up to 8mb/s or 9mb/s. I've tested my download and upload speed on multiple sites and it's always been 70mb/s download and 25-35mb/s upload. On my ps4 when i try downloading a game it goes up to around 50mb/s. I don't know if this has anything to do with it but when i check my task manager and go to ethernet it says that it is sending 76.5Mbps but receiving 2.2mbs ( View: https://imgur.com/mYDVtab
). Any tips on what i can do to try increase my download speed?
dude that is megabits not megabyte. ok so now 75.6 mbps which means megaBITS it equals to ~8mb/s which means megaBYTE so there is no error or problem thats just how it is and i dont have a ps4 but if ur saying it can do 50mb/s i think there is a problem with the units and its actually 50mbps which is megabits so there is no problem and also be grateful lol i have a speed of 10mbps which is 1.25 megabytes per second

beers

Distinguished
BANNED
Oct 4, 2012
As above, bits vs bytes.

Line speed is measured in bits.
Download speed is measured in bytes.
There are eight bits in a byte.

76.5 Mbit/s ~= 9.5 MB/sec

The measurements serve different purposes but your numbers line up consistently.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS