Question high laptop gpu temperature while idle (1650ti)

Jul 29, 2021
My gpu is running at a high temp while idle. when i turn my laptop on the temp is around 25C to 30C then it keeps rising till it reaches 55C. (not using any program at all)
note that windows apps are running on the Nvidia gpu like searchapp etc. and the core clock stays at 300mhz and gpu temp at 55C
but when i reinstalled both intel and Nvidia driver so nothing runs on the gpu. the Nvidia icon turns grey but then the core clock starts jumping to 645mhz every second also resulting in higher temps 55C-60C ->
( The pic is when noting is using the Nvidia gpu and the icon is grey)
LndlkF4.jpg

couple days later its back and windows are using my gpu again
i used ddu to reinstall both drivers

Neod!mium

Prominent
Mar 16, 2020
I
My gpu is running at a high temp while idle. when i turn my laptop on the temp is around 25C to 30C then it keeps rising till it reaches 55C. (not using any program at all)
note that windows apps are running on the Nvidia gpu like searchapp etc. and the core clock stays at 300mhz and gpu temp at 55C
but when i reinstalled both intel and Nvidia driver so nothing runs on the gpu. the Nvidia icon turns grey but then the core clock starts jumping to 645mhz every second also resulting in higher temps 55C-60C ->
( The pic is when noting is using the Nvidia gpu and the icon is grey)
LndlkF4.jpg

couple days later its back and windows are using my gpu again
i used ddu to reinstall both drivers

I had a Laptop i7 7500u and Gtx 950m and only played some new games on it (not exactly with super cool temperatures but they were far higher than yours)

Acer Aspire E5 .... (some numbers)

Idle 50
Game (Cpu 90c, Gpu 90c)
Overclock Game without additional cooling (Cpu 97c Gpu 99c)
I didn't spare him
he never shut down or had any problems,
still working for my dad without a problem

so as long as your cpu and gpu are not at 100c (although for laptops I think it works at more than 105c)

this is fine for laptops (not PCs) because the components in laptops are made and designed to be at higher temperatures.

Also, PCs are known to be long-lasting because you have the opportunity to replace certain parts over time (for AMD all) and for a good laptop it can take a maximum of 2 years to be satisfied with it, and 2 to be somewhat satisfied.
After 5 years it is no longer usable for high definition 3d games. (unless it's old games)

If you play on a laptop for 5 years it will regularly break down by then.
If you use it for low tasking then you don't need that graphics card.

Jul 29, 2021
55C idle on a laptop is normal (limited airflow and cooling capacity). Typically, the fan wont' turn on until it reaches 55C.
yep but i used to get like 40C idle during the summer it should be lower now. and i still haven't figured out why the core clock jumps to 645mhz when the gpu is not being used or why windows apps are using it

Jul 29, 2021
I

I had a Laptop i7 7500u and Gtx 950m and only played some new games on it (not exactly with super cool temperatures but they were far higher than yours)

Acer Aspire E5 .... (some numbers)

Idle 50
Game (Cpu 90c, Gpu 90c)
Overclock Game without additional cooling (Cpu 97c Gpu 99c)
I didn't spare him
he never shut down or had any problems,
still working for my dad without a problem

so as long as your cpu and gpu are not at 100c (although for laptops I think it works at more than 105c)

this is fine for laptops (not PCs) because the components in laptops are made and designed to be at higher temperatures.

Also, PCs are known to be long-lasting because you have the opportunity to replace certain parts over time (for AMD all) and for a good laptop it can take a maximum of 2 years to be satisfied with it, and 2 to be somewhat satisfied.
After 5 years it is no longer usable for high definition 3d games. (unless it's old games)

If you play on a laptop for 5 years it will regularly break down by then.
If you use it for low tasking then you don't need that graphics card.
well its totally different for me. i get around 70-80C on the gpu while gaming. and 100C on CPU at full(4.0 Ghz - 50W) or 75C when i set the maximum frequency at 3.2GHz - 15/20 W . I usually do it for all game since i don't want my CPU running at 100C

TRENDING THREADS