Question High latency spikes

Altom_

Reputable
Dec 18, 2020
https://postimg.cc/t1yDP0xs
should be known this is the first day of my router AX5400 TP link AX72
was using the hub5 before and it was constantly dropping out and this is an improvement to previously we had virgin people come out and try sort it then it was ok for half a day and it was shit again so they wanted their boss to come out and look but its been radio silence since so.

if i can get some advice id appreciate it truly

Last edited:
What IP are you running this test to. If I was the ISP I will claim that the problem is in the ISP that provides internet to the server that you are testing to. They are lazy so you can't give them the easy way out.

What you need to is do the testing for them.

Not sure what tool you are using to generate that. I tend to use a manual ping command because it is not affected by things like browser software.

Run a tracert 8.8.8.8. This will not likely show any errors the purpose is to get the addresses of the routers in the path. What you want to now do is first test to your router IP. Normally hop 1. If you show errors here the problem is your pc or something in your house. Next test to the ip in hop 2. For most people this represents the connection between the ISP and your house. This is the easiest for the ISP to fix since most times it is a bad wire or something. If both these are fine it gets more complex. You can try hops higher in the trace but eventually it will really be in another ISP network and you are not going to get that fixed.