High packet loss spikes through Ethernet cable

Sep 22, 2018
My internet connection keeps spiking every now and then (roughly 2 minutes) while I'm using an Ethernet connection. I have replaced the cable because a broken cable seemed like the easiest solution but the same thing happens. When playing EA games I get a "High Packet Loss" icon on the screen during these spikes. Could it be something with my motherboard Ethernet connector? Would buying a PCIe Network Card help?

Edit: I would also like to say that I tried different ports on the router but nothing changed.

Let a constant ping run in the background to the ip of your router. If this is fine it is likely outside of your house.

It is fairly rare to see any kind of errors on the port in a computer. Most times if they fail they just do not work at all.

The PCI card "should" help if the problem is the ethernet port. If the problem is something else on the motherboard it won't

Still a bad ethernet port is extremely rare I would rule everything else out before you go down the road of buy a new card.

Sep 22, 2018
Whenever I do a ping test I just get a constant ping with slight spikes (eg. from 14 to 20) every couple of seconds but it doesn't match the kind of stuff I get in games because it's a quick package loss increase that lags my games.

I got the network card and the issue continues. I'll talk to my broadband provider and see what I can do. Thanks for the answer.