Apr 1, 2019
So, a disclaimer is that I'm not quite as savvy with tech as most people. but, regardless.

I was playing a game of apex the other day; I've had this computer for a few years now and its never had any problems that shouldn't of happened (Old battery dying out, old graphics card needing replaced, that sorta stuff)

then after having the PC crash and waiting for it to restart, I reload the game and find that every 10-12 seconds I keep getting a strangely high ping spike. I double checked this with discord and, it too was having the same issue; every few seconds it would rise from 20ms to 3000+ ms on its voice connection.

I connect via wireless adapter due to the house I'm living in is old and has no direct connections running between the rooms. after a bit of searching, I decided to try pinging the connection some packets using command prompt, and was yet again met with the same issue whether I was sending pings to 8.8.8.8 or my own IP address; every so often a packet would take around 2000 - 3000ms to send.

My adapter is a USBNOVEL Wifi Dongle-USB Wireless adapter, only had it for a few months; barely out of its usage. If anyone has any information on whether this crash has affected the hardware of the wireless adapter, or if it is something else entirely, please do reply.

Apr 1, 2019
Update: I had a friend let me borrow his adapter for the moment and it is STILL giving out the same issue. so if it isn't a hardware issue, yet no one else is having any issue with the internet, then what can it be?? It makes absolutely no sense as I dont appear to be losing any packets along the way.

I also checked the performance monitor and the only numbers on the network interface that move is the NIC, with it sometimes dropping to 0, which im assuming is when the ping spike happens.

Apr 1, 2019
stick with 1 thread
So, a disclaimer is that I'm not quite as savvy with tech as most people. but, regardless.

I was playing a game of apex the other day; I've had this computer for a few years now and its never had any problems that shouldn't of happened (Old battery dying out, old graphics card needing replaced, that sorta stuff)

then after having the PC crash and waiting for it to restart, I reload the game and find that every 10-12 seconds I keep getting a strangely high ping spike. I double checked this with discord and, it too was having the same issue; every few seconds it would rise from 20ms to 3000+ ms on its voice connection.

I connect via wireless adapter due to the house I'm living in is old and has no direct connections running between the rooms. after a bit of searching, I decided to try pinging the connection some packets using command prompt, and was yet again met with the same issue whether I was sending pings to 8.8.8.8 or my own IP address; every so often a packet would take around 2000 - 3000ms to send.

My adapter is a USBNOVEL Wifi Dongle-USB Wireless adapter, only had it for a few months; barely out of its usage. I also tested it with a BrosTrend and the same issue applies. If anyone has any information on this issue please do reply.