[SOLVED] High ping when connected

helloo

Honorable
Feb 14, 2016
Hi i'm dealing with another problem regarding my ping.
My normal one is around 40-60 ms
but when i do some actions (PLAY YOUTUBE, OR CONNECT TO ONLINE SERVERS(CS:GO))
the ping goes super crazy and not only for some seconds.
It stays there until i exit these tasks.
When i just browse the web it's normal back to 40-60.
Do you have any ideas why this happens?

VjTSW72.png

Solution
Yup and ethernet will always be stable...unless the dog eats the cable.

Wifi should really only be used for devices that have no ability to run on ethernet. Wifi is so complex and everything is locked to prevent people from exceeding government radio rules so it is almost a black box when it comes to troubleshooting. If wifi work it actually works pretty well when it doesn't you have almost nothing you can do to make it better.
You need to test with a ethernet cable.

This is extremely common on a wifi connection. Games and stream video pretty much transfer a constant low amount of data. Web pages load chucks of data in bursts so they tend to not be affected as much by interference. You might see ping loss if you load a very complex web page with lots of images on it.

In any case you need to rule out the wifi. Wifi tends to be almost impossible to fix so if it does it on ethernet maybe it is something with the pc or the router or maybe even your ISP. When you have wifi in the path you have no way to really test and be sure since this issue is not the wifi because it is so common on wifi.

Reactions: helloo

helloo

Honorable
Feb 14, 2016
You need to test with a ethernet cable.

This is extremely common on a wifi connection. Games and stream video pretty much transfer a constant low amount of data. Web pages load chucks of data in bursts so they tend to not be affected as much by interference. You might see ping loss if you load a very complex web page with lots of images on it.

In any case you need to rule out the wifi. Wifi tends to be almost impossible to fix so if it does it on ethernet maybe it is something with the pc or the router or maybe even your ISP. When you have wifi in the path you have no way to really test and be sure since this issue is not the wifi because it is so common on wifi.

i just bought an ethernet cable and the ping seems to be stable now. it is working wow it was so simple thank you my friend

Yup and ethernet will always be stable...unless the dog eats the cable.

Wifi should really only be used for devices that have no ability to run on ethernet. Wifi is so complex and everything is locked to prevent people from exceeding government radio rules so it is almost a black box when it comes to troubleshooting. If wifi work it actually works pretty well when it doesn't you have almost nothing you can do to make it better.

Reactions: helloo
Solution