[SOLVED] High pitch noise from Blue Yeti headphone jack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2020
I've been using my Blue Yeti on my PC for gaming, and I listen to audio and live monitor during chat through headphones that I plug into its audio jack. However, there is now a high-pitched buzzing noise that's coming through my headphones. I've tried my mic on another computer and my PS4, different headphones, and even tried different USB cables; the buzzing noise is still present.

I did record some audio using the mic, and when I listened to it, it was normal with no buzzing noise. So, it seems that the problem is just the audio jack. Are there other troubleshooting tips or ways to fix this?

Solution
Its probably ground loop noise. Thats normal for cheaper audio equipment. Try putting a ground loop noise isolator between your headphones and your audio jack. I use that too and it really helps a lot.

Bongert

Reputable
Jul 30, 2020
Its probably ground loop noise. Thats normal for cheaper audio equipment. Try putting a ground loop noise isolator between your headphones and your audio jack. I use that too and it really helps a lot.

Reactions: fluidz
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.