Question High pitch noise from speakers when my keyboard is a certain color

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luc016

Commendable
Apr 2, 2017
Hey,
Very weird issue not going to lie.
My speakers make a very loud high pitch noise when my keyboard is on certain colors.
Eg : When it's on red there is no problem, when it's on yellow very loud high pitch noise.
I have Logitech keyboard and speakers.
I really want to have this fixed so I can actually use my keyboard in more than 1 color!
Thanks
~Luc

Luc016

Commendable
Apr 2, 2017
That is the weirdest thing i ever heard.
Maybe its a interference problem.
Is your audio jack running in your keyboard?
Try different connection options?

Hey thanks for the anwser.
Yeah it's very wierd.
What so you mean an interference problem?
My audio jack is plugged directly into my mother board, i tried 2 ports and every USB plug

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model keyboard?

Did the problem just start or is this an initial "setup" problem?

What software are you using to control the colors? What three colors make the noise? You mentioned red and yellow.

Either way, I would reinstall the applicable software and try again.

Luc016

Commendable
Apr 2, 2017
Make and model keyboard?

Did the problem just start or is this an initial "setup" problem?

What software are you using to control the colors? What three colors make the noise? You mentioned red and yellow.

Either way, I would reinstall the applicable software and try again.

I've had these speakers and keyboard for a year at least never had an issue ever.
I don't even use any software I used hot keys (Light button + Number 1), I recently installed G HUB to control them and maybe fix the problem but no luck...
Every color makes the noise accept for red actually.

Ralston18

Titan
G-Hub control is software.

And, unfortunately, overtime most things break or fail in some manner. Often by design.

Longevity is not an indication of future survival... (To pattern the standard investment spiel.)

Two immediate suggestions: 1) Verify that you are indeed installing the correct/applicable software for your Logitech(?) keyboard. 2) Download the software again via Logitech's website, reinstall, and reconfigure.

If the speaker noises continue thereafter then do likewise for the applicable audio drivers.

Luc016

Commendable
Apr 2, 2017
G-Hub control is software.

And, unfortunately, overtime most things break or fail in some manner. Often by design.

Longevity is not an indication of future survival... (To pattern the standard investment spiel.)

Two immediate suggestions: 1) Verify that you are indeed installing the correct/applicable software for your Logitech(?) keyboard. 2) Download the software again via Logitech's website, reinstall, and reconfigure.

If the speaker noises continue thereafter then do likewise for the applicable audio drivers.

I downloaded the software today after you mentioned it.. So that's obviously not that problem but I don't think it's drivers either as it's just the colors which have an issue.. I reinstalled all drivers no solution. It's a very weird situation where some colors make my speakers have a high pitch noise...

Are you sure the noise is coming from your speakers? It could potentially be electrical noises coming from the keyboard itself.

I have a handheld media center keyboard with trackpad that features RGB backlit keys, and when set to certain colors it will emit a faint high-pitched electrical buzzing sound. You could try turning off or unplugging the speakers temporarily to check whether the sound is still audible.

If it is the speakers themselves, I would try what was suggested in that previously linked thread, and isolate the speaker cables from the keyboard cables, so that they're not running alongside one another. You might also try positioning the speakers differently on your desk to see if that helps.

Luc016

Commendable
Apr 2, 2017
Are you sure the noise is coming from your speakers? It could potentially be electrical noises coming from the keyboard itself.

I have a handheld media center keyboard with trackpad that features RGB backlit keys, and when set to certain colors it will emit a faint high-pitched electrical buzzing sound. You could try turning off or unplugging the speakers temporarily to check whether the sound is still audible.

If it is the speakers themselves, I would try what was suggested in that previously linked thread, and isolate the speaker cables from the keyboard cables, so that they're not running alongside one another. You might also try positioning the speakers differently on your desk to see if that helps.

Yup noise is from speakers, I unplugged everything but my speakers and keyboard, still the problem.
I moved the speakers so that no wires would touch, on the ground on every part of my desk still no fix

Terraviper-5

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2011
The problem is likely that keyboard is using PWM (pulse width modulation) to adjust brightness of LEDs, but isn't making sure that noise generated by it doesn't get back through USB port into computer. This can be heard as high pitch tone. Sometimes it can be heard even without speakers, try listening directly to your keyboard (lean an ear onto the keyboard). As for it coming from your speakers, thats probably because internal stock soundcards usually dont have very good noise isolation and it can come in from various parts of computer (in this case an USB port). If you have access to good quality external soundcard, try connecting your speakers to it and then listen for this noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS