Question High SSD disk usage after using more than half the free space ?

Dec 30, 2022
Hi guys
Im having this problem with my SSD disk. It is 1TB XPG gammix s50 Lite , if used more than 500 gb the next time I restart or shut down the pc it will be extremely slow with Disk usage being 100% all the time (cant see a single process that is requiring so much usage in task manager), once I uninstall anything and goes back to let's say 520gb free the disk usage goes back to 0% and not a single problem whatsoever.

My guess is the SSD maybe be faulty?
Thanks for the help

Hi guys
Im having this problem with my SSD disk. It is 1TB XPG gammix s50 Lite , if used more than 500 gb the next time I restart or shut down the pc it will be extremely slow with Disk usage being 100% all the time (cant see a single process that is requiring so much usage in task manager), once I uninstall anything and goes back to let's say 520gb free the disk usage goes back to 0% and not a single problem whatsoever.

My guess is the SSD maybe be faulty?
Thanks for the help
Why don't you test it, that should not happen unless almost full, leaving no space for Garbage control or such.

Dec 30, 2022
I runned some tests this morning, optimized it, did benchmarks and it shows completely normal, once I passed 500gb it just goes super bad, it takes me 5min to boot and takes ages to load any application. This already happened to me 3 times and since I didnt knew what the problem was I just reseting all computer and all was fine, but yesterday just by curiosity I've checked how many space I had (540gb free) installed a 60gb game and as soon goes below half the storage the ssd goes crazy.