Question High SSD temperature

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 23, 2021
I recently bought a Samsung 970 evo plus 500Gb SSD. Today while doing some file transfer I noticed that in hwinfo, the temperature of the ssd was 80'C and in ASIC controller it was 105'C. Is this ok or should I return this product?

I tried it with one layer and many layers(I use ADWITS 6w/m.K thermal pads). It didn't help still it was heating. I think it didnt work because there was no contact with the inside die and the sticker was too insulating. I couldnt find any exposed dies too.

Maybe you can try another SSD from different manufacturer like Kingston or WD, if it works better for your laptop you could sell your Samsung SSD or keep it for a desktop PC where it might get some larger heatsink.

Apr 23, 2021
I had a kingston ssd of 128 gigs. I have currently removed the 970 and I plan to avail warranty on it. I have installed the kingston ssd currently but that ssd doesn't heat beyond 50'C but its speed is also only 600MB/s read.