[SOLVED] High Temp

RangerVAT

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2016
Hello guys, can you help me please?

My GPU is getting very noisy lately, I decided to check what's happening and the temp is very high, today it reaches 88° .

I don't know what's happening, my PC usually works at 70° - 75° since 5 years ago, very specific times reached 80° but it was very rare.

My PC:
CPU: Intel i3 10100
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1660 Gigabyte Windforce OC 2 fans
RAM: 16 GB
HDD: 1Tb
Case: Eagle Warrior CG-04R0

Temps:
CPU: 72° Max, 42° Normal State
GPU:
Normal state 43°
Spyro Reignited Trilogy 100 FPS 83°
Spyro Reignited Trilogy 60 FPS 72°
Spyro Reignited Trilogy 30 FPS NOX Mod 83°
The Medium 86°
Yakuza Kiwami 88°
Dragon's Dogma and Gears Tactics made the same noise.

Fan's curve is good and reach 99%

The PC is clean. (A store cleaned it to me, because I don't know how to do it)

I have no Thermal Throttling nor FPS drops, although the high temp, the power of the GPU is like a Stone.

What's happening? What can I do? I thought in buy a 120mm lateral fan, or I don't know if I should buy a new case, the GPU is failing, buy a PCI express card with 3 fans in AliExpress, or simply ignore the temp.

I really appreciate your comments and help, thanks.

Last edited:
Solution
Take the heatsink off the GPU (remove the 4 screws in the backplate that surround the GB logo), remove the thermal paste (just like you'd do on a CPU), repaste (about half as much as you'd use on a CPU because the die is smaller), and reinstall the cooler.
Take the heatsink off the GPU (remove the 4 screws in the backplate that surround the GB logo), remove the thermal paste (just like you'd do on a CPU), repaste (about half as much as you'd use on a CPU because the die is smaller), and reinstall the cooler.

Solution