[SOLVED] High Temperature Please Help

Oct 10, 2020
I found this thing in my Acer Predator Helios 300 (PH315-51), with a i5-8300h and a GTX 1050Ti, while playing GTA V my CPU temp reaches 90 ish like around 90-92, I wanted to ask if its normal?

Solution
Gaming laptops are notorious for heat issues.
The coolers are, of necessity small and light.
Keep your airways free of dust and obstructions.
Be happy with your temperatures,
Many are reporting throttling and poor performance once you reach 100c.
Gaming laptops are notorious for heat issues.
The coolers are, of necessity small and light.
Keep your airways free of dust and obstructions.
Be happy with your temperatures,
Many are reporting throttling and poor performance once you reach 100c.

Solution

jasonf2

Distinguished
I am not familiar with your exact system. However as a general rule there are a couple sets of heat pipes running from the cpu and gpu that go to a tightly finned heat exchanger(s) that the fan(s) drive through. A build up of junk will almost happen on the intake side of those fins and reduce air flow. With the computer off, the battery removed and case closed flip the laptop upside down. Use quality canned air and blow into the cooling systems output (typically grills on the back). If it isn't too mucked up you should get a blast of dusty goodness from the cooling fan intake as you do. On any laptop this should be done at least a couple time a year. At those temps you are probably throttling so I would try the simple things first.

max13

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019
Do those cooling pads work? I am planning to get one

Yep, its help. In some way.
But be careful, look around your intake fan. Don't let the dust stack up there.
If you are able to change the thermal paste yourself on a GPU and CPU, please do.

I just replaced mine, TUF and Acer Nitro. The temp is reducing like 3-4 degrees.
Not much but it helped.

And do what he said. This will definitely save your NB lifespan.
If you still do have warranty, careful not to remove those warranty sticker.

With the computer off, the battery removed and case closed flip the laptop upside down. Use quality canned air and blow into the cooling systems output (typically grills on the back). If it isn't too mucked up you should get a blast of dusty goodness from the cooling fan intake as you do. On any laptop this should be done at least a couple time a year. At those temps you are probably throttling so I would try the simple things first.