Question High temperature when turn on the computer for a few minutes

Jul 9, 2024
Hey there!

I have a CPU Intel i5 14600KF running on a Gigabyte B760M Aorus Elite with a watercooler Cougar LT 240MM

My computer started to have a strange behaviour: when I turn on the computer, the temperature hits 100º and goes to 31ºC after a few minutes - this is happening right after to start Windows, it’s impossible to use the computer before the temperature gets lower

I also have tried to format and update the bios but still same behavior

It looks like that “watercooler needs some minutes to start working properly,” not sure if makes sense

I added two images from bios: a image when I turn on and another one from few minutes later

Any idea about whats going on?

dfvM5qG.jpg

dfvG3F4.jpg

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I added two images from bios: a image when I turn on and another one from few minutes later
You will need to host your images on a site like Imgur and then parse a link to said images for us to see.

How old is your AIO? How is the AIO mounted in your case? Does the tubes seem warm/hot to the touch while the radiator is cold?

Jul 9, 2024
dfveHej.jpg
What is AIO? Sorry for dumb question

If it means the cooler, it is 8 months old! The cooler is fixed on frontal part with the radiator looking inside to computer…not sure how to explain haha

The radiator is cold and both tubes are cold. Should I feel anything passing on tubes while I hold?

Jul 9, 2024
@Lutfij I have just checked and fans are plugged into CPU_FAN and the pump is plugged on SYS_FAN. This is how my bios is set:

iIElaM0.png

8kWmC3w.png

I have changed SYS_FAN to Full Speed and looks better but I'm not sure if this is right

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Your photo shows you have set the CPU_FAN Speed Control to SILENT Profile! This LIMITS the rad fans to run only at a constant low speed! You are NOT getting adequate cooling that way. Re-set this to Normal or Automatic or Standard so they WILL run faster when your CPU heats up.

ANOTHER change to make. Your PUMP is plugged into the SYS_FAN1 header, and its MODE is set to Auto, with Speed Control set to Full Speed. That is probably OK, but change this item to be sure. The Auto MODE means that, at EVERY start-up the header will send to its fan (in this case, your pump) a signal to start at full speed, and it notes what that is. THEN it sends a signal to SLOW DOWN, using the PWM Mode of signals. Now, the PUMP is wired just like an older 3-pin fan and it can NOT respond to this attempt to slow it. When the header discovers this, it concludes the "fan" is an older Voltage Control Mode unit and changes its own Mode setting to Voltage Control Mode instead of PWM. THEN it starts to send out the speed it really wants - in your case, full speed. So the start-up process delays telling the fan to run full speed all the time. Change that SYS_FAN1 MODE setting to Voltage or DC, not PWM or Auto.