Question High temperatures on load

bgo272

Honorable
Feb 19, 2018
Hey!
Following my old post, I bought the NH-D15S as a replacement for my cooling system, to try and reduce the heights of temperatures my pc reaches while gaming, or high cpu usage scenarios.
The result was, that with the tower's case closed, temperature would often reach 80+, and would not stabilize below it while stressing the cpu(even at 40%).
Because of that, I had to game with my case open as shown here(I read on the internet that it isn't harmful for the pc to stay like that). It seems like the air flow in my case is the issue, but i have no idea how to solve it beside getting a new case.
I know for sure that the issue is related the airflow in the case, as I've been monitoring the temperatures of my PC with the case open/closed. Thermal paste is applied correctly, PC is relatively clean, room isn't abnormally hot.
The PC specifications did not change beside the cooler and are found in the old post.
So, should I get a new case? And how would I be able to know it would guarantee low temperatures?
Beside that, I can't really seem to identify the issue. Did I buy parts which aren't compatible with my current case, or does the case just suffers bad airflow, and was not even worth getting at the beginning?
Thanks!

Hey!
Following my old post, I bought the NH-D15S as a replacement for my cooling system, to try and reduce the heights of temperatures my pc reaches while gaming, or high cpu usage scenarios.
The result was, that with the tower's case closed, temperature would often reach 80+, and would not stabilize below it while stressing the cpu(even at 40%).
Because of that, I had to game with my case open as shown here(I read on the internet that it isn't harmful for the pc to stay like that). It seems like the air flow in my case is the issue, but i have no idea how to solve it beside getting a new case.
I know for sure that the issue is related the airflow in the case, as I've been monitoring the temperatures of my PC with the case open/closed. Thermal paste is applied correctly, PC is relatively clean, room isn't abnormally hot.
The PC specifications did not change beside the cooler and are found in the old post.
So, should I get a new case? And how would I be able to know it would guarantee low temperatures?
Beside that, I can't really seem to identify the issue. Did I buy parts which aren't compatible with my current case, or does the case just suffers bad airflow, and was not even worth getting at the beginning?
Thanks!
Move the pc out of that desk cubbyhole and set it out in the open.....test.