Question High/unstable Latency on Ethernet Connection

Sep 15, 2022
Some background info

I live in a student living/resident situation and am stuck with the ISP whitesky. I've had issues for the past few weeks/month+ but apparently some technicians did come in which managed to relieve some of the issues, but I still suffer with ping spikes and instability after some time. I don't know if this happens during specific times or if it happens after gaming for a while.

I've been directed to support many times and have called many times. I don't know if they're ever going to be able to help me so I thought I'd post here in the meantime.

What I've tried:
VPN
renewing DNS
configuring IP to a google IP
test on different laptop (same issue AFAIK)

Specs:
Laptop: Razerblade 15
Processor: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
Motherboard: Laptop Motherboard RC05025001000000

The modem (?) is ruckus and has four ports. I am connected to one port.
I think there's wifi baked into the router though I can't say I've used it much.

Let me know what other information I can provide that would help.

Thank you!

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
Go into "Change Adapter Properties" within 'Network and Sharing Center' and for your ethernet connection properties, disable ipv6 and apply.
Then in the command prompt, type the following and pressing enter after each line:
netsh winsock reset catalog
netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Then reboot your system. This might fix it.

Sep 15, 2022
Go into "Change Adapter Properties" within 'Network and Sharing Center' and for your ethernet connection properties, disable ipv6 and apply.
Then in the command prompt, type the following and pressing enter after each line:
netsh winsock reset catalog
netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Then reboot your system. This might fix it.
Hi, I've tried this -- didn't work unfortunately. Thanks.

Tydeocean

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2015
Hey, I had Whitesky last year and that is when my latency issue started specifically with rocket league, I have been trying to diagnose it for 1 year at this point and have gotten nowhere. If you ever figure out a solution I would love to hear it. Also, Good luck with whitesky they never sent a tec to me and it was like a loop of talking to tech support, them telling me to do the same thing over and over again, they will send a tech and that never happened.