Mar 22, 2022
I recently built a PC, specs:
Processor:i7 8700
Mobo:Gigabyte B365 DS3H
Kingston m.2 512GB
Gskill Ripjaws 16*1 3200Mhz
256Gb SSD
Cooler master 850w PSU, gold edition

The PC power cycles randomly but consecutively, making it very frustrating to use.
I've replaced by RMAing everything i.e, mobo, PSU, SSD except the RAM, because GSkill says the RAM isn't faulty when I asked for an RMA after they tested it.

They told me that the instability is caused as I'm running a 3200 Mhz RAM in a 2666Mhz mobo.
Is this the problem?
If so, how do I solve it?
Please let me know any solutions as I'm a freelance video editor and the longer this problem stays, the harder my life gets.
TIA

Solution
Both MB and CPU support up to 2600Mhz so the rated frequency will depend on the strength of the IMC (Integrated Memory controller) on the chip as what frequency you will achieve (NO guarantee).

Sometimes better stability is achieved increasing SOC voltage in Bios. Take care .01V each step max till stable under stress.

You should be able to get some overclock, (Depending on the chip quality and MB capability) and ofc your confidence in Bios overclocking.

Samuel hut

Great
Mar 22, 2022
Processor:i7-8700
Kingston m.2 512GB
Gskill Ripjaws 16*1 3600Mhz
F4-3600C19S-16GVRB
256Gb SSD

The PC power cycles randomly but consecutively, making it very frustrating to use.
I've replaced by RMAing everything i.e, mobo, PSU, SSD except the RAM, because GSkill says the RAM isn't faulty when I asked for an RMA after they tested it.

They told me that the instability is caused as I'm running a 3200 Mhz RAM in a 2666Mhz mobo.
Is this the problem?
Please let me know any solutions as I'm a freelance video editor and the longer this problem stays, the harder my life gets.
TIA

Kingston m.2 512GB
256Gb SSD

Is this the problem?
TIA
Yes, you are overclocking both MB and CPU memory controller well past their official limits and expect stability ?

Both MB and CPU support up to 2600Mhz so the rated frequency will depend on the strength of the IMC (Integrated Memory controller) on the chip as what frequency you will achieve (NO guarantee).

Sometimes better stability is achieved increasing SOC voltage in Bios. Take care .01V each step max till stable under stress.

You should be able to get some overclock, (Depending on the chip quality and MB capability) and ofc your confidence in Bios overclocking.

Solution

KyaraM

Admirable
Kingston m.2 512GB
256Gb SSD

Is this the problem?
TIA
Running the RAM in the respective JEDEC codex should do it, if possible. Did you check wich ones your RAM supports? Worst case, run it at default, which should most likely be something around 2100MHz or 2400MHz iirc. I wouldn't try OC if you don't know what you are doing.

Samuel hut

Great
Mar 22, 2022
Running the RAM in the respective JEDEC codex should do it, if possible. Did you check wich ones your RAM supports? Worst case, run it at default, which should most likely be something around 2100MHz or 2400MHz iirc. I wouldn't try OC if you don't know what you are doing.
I have no intentions of OCing. Just want to get my PC running with zero stability issues, please suggest solutions.

KyaraM

Admirable

Samuel hut

Great
Mar 22, 2022
A no-brainer really --- replace your existing RAM with 2666 MHz RAM.

GSkill has already told you that in a roundabout way, you don't get it ?
I honestly cannot spend anymore on any news components, is there anyway I can use the existing RAM? I appreciate the hilarious sarcasm but if you could add a hint of gentleness, it would go a long way for noobs like me.

Samuel hut

Great
Mar 22, 2022
At what speed is the RAM running according to CPU-Z?

There's a 850w PSU in the system so I guess there must be a dGPU too. If not the 850w is massive overkill. What's the exact model of the PSU because CM has several 850w 80 Plus Gold models.
Yes, I'm using an ancient Quadro FX4800, planning on upgrading soon.
1333Mhz, so translates to 2666Mhz, dual channel.
CM storm V850 gold model.
Very sure the PSU isn't the problem as I ran it with a friend's PSU which again power cycles the PC.

which again power cycles the PC.
Turn off auto restart on BSOD.
Wait till BSOD happens, make a photo and post here.
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

how-to-enable-disable-automatic-restart-when-bsod-error-is-encountered-in-windows-10-picture-3-e4hlKqvES.jpg

https://tipsmake.com/how-to-enable-...-when-bsod-error-is-encountered-in-windows-10