Question Hiren's Boot CD Based on Win10 x64 - Is There A Customizer Available?

LunkerHead

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
RE: Hiren's latest PE (Preinstalled Environment) based on Windows 10 x64

Question: Is there a customizer written for Hiren's latest PE so that you can add your own programs as with his original boot CD? It's not included in the ISO .zip download like it was in his original. I'm wondering if there is even one available.

What I'm getting at is that I want to run my own personal antivirus from a preinstalled environment because the free ware AV included in the boot ISO are outdated and so I want to use my own updated antivirus.

Semi-related Question: In order to add my own anitvirus software to Hiren's boot CD ISO (assuming that a customizer is actually available), I need to extract all the program files from my SuperAntispywarePro.EXE installer. I have tried many extractors but none of them were successful. UniversalExtractor, UniversalExtractor2, .7 zip, WinRAR to name a few. Does anyone know of a good .exe installer extractor that would work on SAS Pro?

Last edited:

LunkerHead

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
Did you look at that anti virus webpage? Most of them provide a way to run them from a bootable disc, either windows or linux.
SuperAntispywarePro has a special version that can be run from a bootable medium and doesn't need to be installed to run, so you can just use any DVD burning software and add the exe to hiren's.
https://www.superantispyware.com/technician-edition.html

Sweet!!! I have the ProX edition already. I just got it a few weeks ago.

I have a couple of questions about that though. Once the Pro X .exe ran from a boot disk how would it update the virus definitions unless you run it from software in the boot disk that can connected to the internet like MiniXP? And I'm assuming MiniXP is 32 bit and that the Pro X .exe might not run on that because the Pro X .exe is for 64 bit. Which brings me back around to the newest Hiren's boot CD which is based on Win10 64 bit. The Pro X .exe would run on that for sure but then how will I add it to Hiren's Win10 64 bit CD without a customizer like the the original Hiren's boot CD download had? I think I already tried the old customizer with the new Hiren's ISO and it did not work.

Last edited:
Sweet!!! I have the ProX edition already. I just got it a few weeks ago.

I have a couple of questions about that though. Once the Pro X .exe ran from a boot disk how would it update the virus definitions unless you run it from software in the boot disk that can connected to the internet like MiniXP? And I'm assuming MiniXP is 32 bit and that the Pro X .exe might not run on that because the Pro X .exe is for 64 bit. Which brings me back around to the newest Hiren's boot CD which is based on Win10 64 bit. The Pro X .exe would run on that for sure but then how will I add it to Hiren's Win10 64 bit CD without a customizer like the the original Hiren's boot CD download had? I think I already tried the old customizer with the new Hiren's ISO and it did not work.
I would assume that they update the exe on their site very often for that exact reason, they do state the version of the definition files.
I don't think you need a customizer anymore you just add the exe to the iso, many burn tools support this.