His Ice Q Radeon 7850 1GB V.S. 2GB Models

intimthebrave

Commendable
May 10, 2016
I bought a used His Ice Q Radeon 7850 (1GB) my previous card was not even in the same ballpark, as it was just a GDDR3 Version (2GB) of the XFX Ghost 7750, and my question is, since i opted for this "1GB Model" instead of a 2GB version, would the 2GB version have made any bit of difference in the world, considering i game on a 23 inch 1080P (60hz) monitor, i am very, very, impressed by the overclocked from 860mhz/1200mem to 1,000 mhz core/ 1250 mem with +10% power, and it runs World of Warcraft on Ultra everything at 35-45fps, but if i just turn shadows down a little i can get like 60fps-85fps, and i have tried other games and it runs like a champ, like almost as good as the r9 280x i used to have, not as high FPS on maximum settings, but the price/performance ratio is incredible (51$) would the exact same card but a 2GB version give me any increased FPS , or any benefits at all? If i got another 7850 1gb and crossfired them i still would only be able to utilize 1gb of VRAM so it really wouldnt be worth it would it. Any suggestions for my next video card to gain at least a 50% performance increase from the 7850 price/performance im not rich, so i like to get good bargains! Thanks!

Solution
New generation of cards is currently rolling out. I'd wait a month or three and see what hits the shelves, at what prices.